Rant Alert

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wigan_forever1985

Rant Alert

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Is anyone else fed up to the back teeth of being told things cause cancer

Drink - food - air - tv.anything!!

Why do people insist on assuming that everyone wants to live forever?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Re: Rant Alert

Post by thegimble »

Me I am.

Its do not do this do not do that

HOW'S ABOUT JUST ENJOY YOUR LIFE DO A BIT OF EVERYTHING AND HAVE FUN.

Its getting to a point when a research comes out contradicting another one it makes you wonder who is paying for it and why.

We know what to do an not we choose to live as we do.

What next do not support your team as it causes blood pressure issues.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Is anyone else fed up to the back teeth of being told things cause cancer

Drink - food - air - tv.anything!!

Why do people insist on assuming that everyone wants to live forever?
NO I AM NOT. You can make your life choices and do what you want But it is right for someone to make you aware of what MAY be the consequences. Cancer is a vicious nasty disease that should be kept in the spotlight if only to save one person from this torturous disease. Flabbergasted at such a flippant remark about a death disease as Cancer.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Unless you have lost a loved one, or nearly lost one, or seen the way it ravishes the body of someone as it slowly eats away at them as I have, you wouldn't be so blasé about it. :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote:Unless you have lost a loved one, or nearly lost one, or seen the way it ravishes the body of someone as it slowly eats away away at them as I have, you wouldn't be so blasé about it. :(
I know exactly what you mean Josie from both sides of the fence. :(
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Unless you have lost a loved one, or nearly lost one, or seen the way it ravishes the body of someone as it slowly eats away away at them as I have, you wouldn't be so blasé about it. :(
Me too, I've lost my husband, then my mother. Almost lost Stephen a few years ago. He's alive, thank God, but he still has severe problems from the after effects of the treatment & surgery.

I've also had other members of my family & friends who have been attacked by this terrible disease. It doesn't pick & choose!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Its not been told that is the issue for me its the issue of different reports every few months from various researches carried out.

Instead of telling us what the limits are they should ban the products maybe.

Say ban

Sugar products, processed products, alcohol, tobacco etc.

Instead of preaching to us they need to take action to remove these from shelves. But they will not and we all know why.

I do not drink 1 unit a month on booze or smoke but that will not guarantee that I will never get any serious diseases. I think I am intelligent enough to know what to eat and drink but food is a downfall. Better education at an early age is necessary but with some parent I see today I think it will fall on deaf ears.

Was not belittling cancer in my reply earlier but as a person I am responsible for my health and I know what is good or bad for me. I do not need a research to tell me what the limit is. I see the damage booze a cigarettes do around me all the time and its a serious evil as is sugar products and fat processed foods.

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Nobody on here has not been touched by cancer, however I agree with the OP, and trust me I have been there.
I have, by coincidence, a high chance of getting prostate cancer. I've been reliably informed by the media and research that choking my turkey could reduce the risk.
Today I've been informed that supping ale can cause cancer. So I've been out today and had some ale, had a wee as you do, and importantly exercised my wrist because it makes sense to me to preserve my life.
Furthermore it made my eyelids flutter.
Sorry for any offence caused, honest. :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
exiled

Post by exiled »

I don't post much on here because I don't feel I have much to say, but, on this occasion I feel I must.

I do know people who have survived cancer and I also know who have not.

I know people who have smoked and died in their 80's & 90's.

You hear and read reports of fitness fanatics dying in their early years (just remember all the players who have died in the last couple of years).

My personal opinion is (and it may upset someone), but everyone has an exit date and no matter what you do you will never change it. Personally I laughed at the WW's post as I found it amusing, I think it is because I have a black sense of humour (ex military) and you actually start to realise that life, at times is cheap.

So in my own conclusion. Enjoy. It doesn't last long. It is not a rehearsal. Life is once only. Do not regret anything and take every opportunity that is presented to you.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I very much doubt WF meant to offend anybody. Hate cancer and would to see even more progress etc. Awful illness. My father took the Exile POV and it is difficult to argue although the sheer amount of medication he was taking upon his death makes you think you can at least try to help yourself as much as possible although I think that was in part what WF was saying I.E contradictory information / guidelines. The early morning being told by your father that if he did not get help he was going to die and he ultimately did in a matter of hours despite the best efforts of everybody concerned is life changing more for those who remain. My father approached life, when you number is up blah blah blah. Personally, I wish he had tried to look after himself a little more. Maybe that is selfish.