Enemy Within

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Enemy Within

Post by SJ »

Don't know what others think but I find the reports that fee chasing lawyers are harassing soldiers who have served in Iraq about alleged historical atrocities disgusting. These accusations have been found in many cases to be spurious and their effect can only affect the morale of those still serving in the Military. People must understand we are effectively at war with terrorists where life and death is an ever present reality. To judge a soldiers reactions in a war situations as of a piece with a judgment made in peace time is completely absurd These "witch hunts " should cease and those legal firms who seek to prosper from objectionable practices should be censored in some appriate manner.
thegimble

Re: Enemy Within

Post by thegimble »

SJ wrote:Don't know what others think but I find the reports that fee chasing lawyers are harassing soldiers who have served in Iraq about alleged historical atrocities disgusting. These accusations have been found in many cases to be spurious and their effect can only affect the morale of those still serving in the Military. People must understand we are effectively at war with terrorists where life and death is an ever present reality. To judge a soldiers reactions in a war situations as of a piece with a judgment made in peace time is completely absurd These "witch hunts " should cease and those legal firms who seek to prosper from objectionable practices should be censored in some appriate manner.
All military action should be passed to the Hague and lawyers independent to all paid for by the UN should look into them.

Its obvious this government will not pass legislation protecting military personnel. The legal firms are not the issue close the loop hole and they issue is dealt with. Or if any action done happened in Iraq let them go to Iraqi court. Protect the soldiers from these low lifes.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

thegimble wrote:
SJ wrote:Don't know what others think but I find the reports that fee chasing lawyers are harassing soldiers who have served in Iraq about alleged historical atrocities disgusting. These accusations have been found in many cases to be spurious and their effect can only affect the morale of those still serving in the Military. People must understand we are effectively at war with terrorists where life and death is an ever present reality. To judge a soldiers reactions in a war situations as of a piece with a judgment made in peace time is completely absurd These "witch hunts " should cease and those legal firms who seek to prosper from objectionable practices should be censored in some appriate manner.
All military action should be passed to the Hague and lawyers independent to all paid for by the UN should look into them.

Its obvious this government will not pass legislation protecting military personnel. The legal firms are not the issue close the loop hole and they issue is dealt with. Or if any action done happened in Iraq let them go to Iraqi court. Protect the soldiers from these low lifes.
Could not agree more spot on gimble.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I've commented on the 'Daily Mail replies' web pages to the effect that these lads, when confronted with one of these unauthorised bounty hunters, ought to refer them to "my Commanding Officer" then chase them off their property.

As an ex regular serviceman, albeit from more than 50 years back, I can sympathise with their dilemma but can see no grounds for hounding them.
The down side is that if (and it's a big IF) this lot gets to trial in UK, it'll cost a fortune to bring over witnesses from Iraq etc and you can bet your bottom dollar half of them will go missing, more work there for the human rights lawyers.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Some will do anything these days to make a fast buck!

All now part of rip off Briton.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I can never understand why this "fee chasing" was ever allowed into our judicial system. We didn't used to have it and it was obvious once we did you would have unscrupulous lawyers pestering people to sue. Whether it's soldiers as in this case or just ordinary people being pursued for made up injuries in a minor car accident clogging up the courts with this rubbish is ridiculous.

With increased court fees, withdrawal of legal aid from the majority and this fee chasing our court system now looks like that in the US with justice the preserve of the very rich.