bye bye betts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
spud

bye bye betts

Post by spud »

time to step up & admitt he's not cut out for it.
get ian millward in & sell off the dead wood
mike binder

Re: bye bye betts

Post by mike binder »

spud posted:
what dead wood :doz:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mario

Post by mario »

spud posted:
Just watched Canterbury win only their 3rd game this season. They have lost 6 out of 9. Current form suggest that Folkes is not up to the job,but previous seasons suggest otherwise.
He has far more experienced top quality players available than Betts has,but with a few injuries they are struggling.
Why do you want Millward? Saints finished 5th last season. They had the benefit of a full Squad for over half the season and for the rest of the season only missed 2 players.
Millward didn't manage to coach a stronger Squad than Denis has had this season.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mario posted:
spud posted:
Just watched Canterbury win only their 3rd game this season. They have lost 6 out of 9. Current form suggest that Folkes is not up to the job,but previous seasons suggest otherwise.
He has far more experienced top quality players available than Betts has,but with a few injuries they are struggling.
Why do you want Millward? Saints finished 5th last season. They had the benefit of a full Squad for over half the season and for the rest of the season only missed 2 players.
Millward didn't manage to coach a stronger Squad than Denis has had this season.
here here
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mario posted:
spud posted:
You keep going on about how other coaches are doing or have done at other clubs.

It is just NOT RELEVENT.

I don't give a toss about how Folkes is going at the Bulldogs or how Millward did at Saints.

What is important is how Betts is doing at Wigan.

If he isn't up to the job he has to go.

Instead of telling us how other coaches are doing offer an opinion on Betts. Do you think he is a good coach? If so why?

I don't want another post "he can only work with what he has got, blah, blah". I want to know what you think HE can do to get things sorted out.

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

DaveO posted:
Instead of telling us how other coaches are doing offer an opinion on Betts. Do you think he is a good coach? If so why?

I don't want another post "he can only work with what he has got, blah, blah". I want to know what you think HE can do to get things sorted out.

Dave
What do you reckon a different coach could do better than Betts?
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mike binder posted:
spud posted:
what dead wood :doz:
For me you can start at 1 thru 17 of last night's lot :(
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

DaveO posted:
mario posted:
spud posted:
You keep going on about how other coaches are doing or have done at other clubs.

It is just NOT RELEVENT.

I don't give a toss about how Folkes is going at the Bulldogs or how Millward did at Saints.

Dave
CALM DOWN ! ……people are upset and confused. People are just trying in there own way to explain things, IMO I don’t think anyone is able to do that job correctly. :wink:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:

It is just NOT RELEVENT.
If they're being put forward as possible successors, of course it's relevant. It's called a CV.

and whether anyone else could do better with the resources available - so if (like Millward) they've struggled when losing some of their players at other clubs, why should they be any different here?

In general, yes. Of course he's got room for improvement; as anyone has. Some people may disagree with his team selections and substitutions, but they're largely subjective. Many of us, for example, (myself included) were criticising him for playing Aspi instead of Colbon on the wing, but when he did eventually try Liam, it was a disaster.
Apart from the timing of some of the prop subs yesterday, his changes were forced by (yet more) injuries.

Dave
The "dressing room" aspect does worry me; player power is OK as far as it goes, but as has been said elsewhere, this squad has nothing like the quality of the Dorahey period. Should we let mostly unproven players dictate who coaches them? And why has there been such a change since the passion and committment of the Easter games?
We don't have the depth to drop underperforming players, unfortunately - that would be the normal solution.
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

mario posted:
spud posted:
Saints squad was pretty crap last season.... no long/gleeson and injury problems for sculthorpe, a rubbish pack - yes they only finished 5th but they sure didnt look like finishing 8th or 9th