Easter Monday Fixture!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Easter Monday Fixture!

Post by josie andrews »

The Easter Monday fixture v HKR is causing a bit of a headache as both clubs play on the same day!!

One suggestion was our game going 'on the road, to London'.

Another was latics KO at 12 noon & our game put back until 8pm.

Will just have to wait & see!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Re: Easter Monday Fixture!

Post by cpwigan »

Take it to London or alternatively to Preston
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

There's going to be a few balloons on Redvee making a meal out of this. They just love it given any chance to stick the proverbial knife in.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Why don't they just switch fixture and play away game first then play return fixture at home. London Easter Monday with work day after is not going to attract same support and would also cost a fortune to stay anywhere Easter period booking so late. Hope we go for late kick off has I had grief off the wife she wanted to book a Easter break away and I stopped her because said we played at home Easter Monday. Looking on the bright side tho silent meals for a week :D :D
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:Why don't they just switch fixture and play away game first then play return fixture at home. London Easter Monday with work day after is not going to attract same support and would also cost a fortune to stay anywhere Easter period booking so late. Hope we go for late kick off has I had grief off the wife she wanted to book a Easter break away and I stopped her because said we played at home Easter Monday. Looking on the bright side tho silent meals for a week :D :D
The away game v HKR is when the pitch maintenance is being done. I suppose they could swap it and make the HKR "the London game"
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

It's all very well saying make the HKR game the London game but as ever with this stupid Londin fixture idea, what about HKR's views on this with respect to their fans attending and the additional cost for them (and the club) to travel down there compared the usual trip here?

Les Cats was the obvious choice last year. Few away fans and travel to London as opposed to Wigan from France was probably preferable but for every other SL team it's probably the opposite and particularly because the object of the exercise is to promote Wigan's business interests if I were the HKR chairman I'd be telling Wigan where to go.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Presumably the RFL could have viewed Latics fixtures prior to the Warriors fixtures being announced, why can they not ensure that there is not a conflict of interest?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Because the RFL are a bunch of buffoons :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The problem is that the fixtures of the Latic's have to alternate with Bolton Wanderers.

Perhaps, the answer lies in altering our Easter fixtures by playing two Good Friday games at either the DW Stadium or Langtree Park in sucessive seasons so that in future seasons when we are at home, the Latic's are away and vice versa.

That way we would not end up with the same old problem of both clubs being at home on the same day and away on the same day.

It only needs a bit of common sense on the part of both the Football League and the RFL.

On of the pitfalls of having a joint Stadium, especially two different games.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

First time I've heard that about alternating with Bolton.