DW pitch

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

DW pitch

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

It looks a tad heavy and ready to cut up badly. Get ready for the blame to be cast the way of the Warriors. The groundsman is really going to have his work cut-out with all the rain forecast this week.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Re: DW pitch

Post by josie andrews »

Ian & his staff work tirelessly with the pitch.

The football cuts it up pretty badly!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:Ian & his staff work tirelessly with the pitch.

I agree, I think they have done a terrific job to date, but the Warriors will still get blamed by the football masses.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:

I agree, I think they have done a terrific job to date, but the Warriors will still get blamed by the football masses.
That's true. But the groundsmen will tell you that football causes more damage than rugby league so I take no notice of the round ball idiots :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:

And Gary Lineker!
steviebury

Post by steviebury »

Been reading from the background for a while because although i would class myself as a Warriors fan i've only been watching RL for about 5 years and i'm not going to lie i still don't understand every aspect of the game. I can watch a game and understand it but there are a few things that i do have to look up from time to time.

I didn't want to come on here and sound like a numpty :badg:

I have been a football fan since i was a kid but i do now find myself getting just as passionate about the Cherry and Whites than my beloved Bury fc and watching Wigan is slowly making a die hard football fan consider RL one of the best sports (if not the best) in the world. Anyway sorry for the boring intro.

The reason i have decided to post on this thread is why the hell did The Latics let there youth team play on it the other day when it was lashing it down? If the pitch gets ruined they only have themselves to blame.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

steviebury wrote:Been reading from the background for a while because although i would class myself as a Warriors fan i've only been watching RL for about 5 years and i'm not going to lie i still don't understand every aspect of the game. I can watch a game and understand it but there are a few things that i do have to look up from time to time.

I didn't want to come on here and sound like a numpty :badg:

I have been a football fan since i was a kid but i do now find myself getting just as passionate about the Cherry and Whites than my beloved Bury fc and watching Wigan is slowly making a die hard football fan consider RL one of the best sports (if not the best) in the world. Anyway sorry for the boring intro.

The reason i have decided to post on this thread is why the hell did The Latics let there youth team play on it the other day when it was lashing it down? If the pitch gets ruined they only have themselves to blame.
It does not make sense does it.

Welcome, enjoy the sport and post what you want. Nobody will mock you, not even WW and anyhow Josie will sort him if he does ;)
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Pitch was a shocker tonight.

Then again who on earth would decide that a good location for a pitch would be in MARSH Green?

idiots.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do think it is all well and good saying how hard the ground staff work; the bottom line is the DW pitch is useless no matter how hard the staff work. It is a quagmire and not fit for ANY sport during the wet autumn / winter months. Latics playing an FA Cup youth match was a disgrace. The annual rip it up, relay is needed just to save embarrassment but it is no long term solution.

WORSE; Brisbane is going to be EXACTLY THE SAME

Anybody who has played in / around the area, even Robin Park knows the ground is dire. It always has been / always will be. Sad to say, the only solution is an i-pitch.

The DW pitch is a joke, not fit for sport.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Back to the pitch.
That surface wasn't fit to play a top class game on. Far too many mistakes from both sides, if them Latics were in the premiership yet(and that's a laugh) there's no way Yon Whelan Mon would have allowed it to be that bad but now they're on the way down, he just doesn't seem to care.
The sooner they're groundsharing with Garswood or Billinge Athletic, it'll be better for the rugby, but there's no chance of that.
Just disgusted that this is the best we can offer on our opening game of the season.