Squad v Cats

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Squad v Cats

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad:

John Bateman, Josh Charnley, Tony Clubb, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Dom Manfredi, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O¹Loughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Lewis Tierney, George Williams

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... ws2V8As.99
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
AdamMac

Re: Squad v Cats

Post by AdamMac »

Sutton & Gildart to more than likely drop out of the 19 I would have thought.

Going to be a real tough game I think this one.

Our home record v Catalan is fantastic really, but first up and its anyones game really.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'd have Sarge at FB & Gilly at centre Tierney (sorry Lewis) to miss out

Can't make my mind up between Moose, Sutty or Mr T :conf: :doz: :eh:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

josie andrews wrote:I'd have Sarge at FB & Gilly at centre Tierney (sorry Lewis) to miss out

Can't make my mind up between Moose, Sutty or Mr T :conf: :doz: :eh:
I would too Josie. I'd have Lewis & Tautai missing out personally but I think Wane will go with my original post
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The way I see it. We know Sam will come back in at FB when fit, we think Gildart is our long term centre. So for me giving Gildart his chance is more worthwhile than Tierney and I also have more faith in Sarge at FB and think he will offer more threat than Lewis. I am not sure Lewis has done enough in the friendlies and being the son of Bill Whizz should not make a difference.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We will lose by 18 points thanks to the team not getting a proper run out in the friendlies, never mind, at least the youngsters got a game
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Gildart all the way for me. I was seriously impressed by his general play and maturity and I reckon he is the future. Sarge has always looked a good FB so I'd go that route - Tierney and Sutton (although I'd rather Tautai) to miss out.
I plan to watch through my fingers and behind the sofa when Gelling gets the ball.
On the other hand, I've just about given up trying to predict what SW plans to do so he'll probably leave Farrell and Bateman out!

Just want a win against what looks like a very decent Cats team. I hope they still don't travel well - that might help but at least proper sport is back!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'd go with Tierny and see how he goes. He show enough good play in pre-season for me to deserve his chance. I'd expect its a little early for Sarge to come straight in, but I don't know how he is going in training. So I'd go with Tierney and Gildart.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Lewis will be full back with Sarge at centre I reckon.
If LT flounders then he may be shielded from Brough at Hudds with Sarge to FB and Oli G to centre.
First up though I think he'll go with Lewis.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

medlocke wrote:We will lose by 18 points thanks to the team not getting a proper run out in the friendlies, never mind, at least the youngsters got a game
Season hasn't even kicked off and the doom and gloom merchants are out :roll:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered