FARRELL 10 OUT OF 10

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

FARRELL 10 OUT OF 10

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Farrell had a fantastic game, he didn't just do his own job he led from the front as far as he did the job of our 6 and 7. He was the only player on the Wigan team who was looking to create space and gaps. Williams and Smith were dreadful for the third game in a row. Full credit to our forwards they stood up, matched and beat the Brisbane forwards over all in my view. Gelling ,Gildart, Tierney were totally out of their depth. Tierney is not Super League standard at all.
Bateman had a good game and again produced his normal solid strong game.

Totally no creativity from Smith with Williams running into dead end streetS with no way out, terrible. Please buy a six and seven SW.

cpwigan

Re: FARRELL 10 OUT OF 10

Post by cpwigan »

Is this a serious post or a parody of Keiron Cunningham?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Thought Tautai showed nothing tonight other than a bad signing.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He runs sideways! He makes very few yards and loses in contact resulting in a slow POTB. Seriously, he is POOP. Thought Clubb had a dig but we wasted a spot tonight and for the season with Tautai.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Farrell had a go in the second half and was a bit more effective running wide but was pretty anonymous in the first half I thought.

For me the only player who can take any credit from that gave is Bateman.

Gelling and Sarge were awful. Farrell gave Sarge a pass 10 mins from the end and his winger actually had some space. What does Sarge do? Kick it 20m into touch. Useless. I even think he knew that was an idiotic thing to do after he'd done it, but he still did it. Gelling was as usual on a different planet to everyone else on the pitch and in the stadium.

Half backs naff, no idea what to do with the ball particularly in the 20m zone. Wingers? I am not sure they perform a useful function on attack anymore given they never get any ball.

The prop forwards stood up OK but neither Isa nor Farrell made the kind of breaks you might expect of back row forwards. The forwards as a whole didn't lose much but didn't win anything either.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Tautai was immense tonight, he sent Bronco players flying a few times with his fantastic runs
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Very impressed with all the forwards, Clubb, Tautai and Sutton came off the bench and were ripping in to the Broncos.Unfortunately all their efforts came to nothing as from 1 to 7 we have no skill.Both centres poor and Smith and Williams even worse.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

We need a stand off and scrum half these 2 are useless
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

10/10? Jeez I wish you would have marked my homework back when! :D :D

Average performance from a solid SUPERLEAGUE STANDARD player. Nothing outstanding, nothing shocking.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cherry.pie wrote:I completely disagree with that. He was the only prop we had who was actually making damaging runs down the middle. His work rate was excellent, he was gaining ground, making two or three carries per set at times which is almost unheard of for our props. Definitely his best game for Wigan so far.
Correct, and off loading good passes as well.

As for Farrell, poor game by his standards!