An absolute bl**dy disgrace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: An absolut bl**dy disg...

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
Absolutely agree.The past however should involve coaching top grade RL to meet the above specification of what I regard to be a suitable candidate to fulfil the coaching job at Wigan. :)
I don't quite follow...are you now saying that our assistant coach should also be an ex SL coach? Not sure Noble or Smith would see that as a step up.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

don't quite follow...are you now saying that our assistant coach should also be an ex SL coach?
No I'm not.

But to fulfil my criteria Smith, we could debate his "success" at Huddersfield, may have come into my thoughts if I was looking for a coach.

Noble would not have. Nor will Betts unless he proves himself elsewhere.

I'm cautious and conservative by nature and this is just how I think. It is by no means a definitive method of selection.

What does AEFKI(?) mean?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Shaun Edwards went to London because he had just had a child with Heather Smalls from M-People and she wanted to stay in London.

As Edwards partner in crime; a certain Wigan great called Martin Offiah had also recently gone there, Edwards saw a chance to play league and still see his family. By then he was past his prime and didn't play that many games due to a recurring injury (think it was his calf) which eventually forced him to retire.

When his playing career ended at London, Edwards tried to take over the London club with another recently former London player (something like Peter Gill, one of the trivia masters will know), however this was not succesful.

Not wanting to leave London and still needing gameful employment, Edwards became a defensive coach for London Wasps. As whilst Union and League are different sports; the way that the ball carrier is initially stopped is remarkably similar.

That is the way it happened as far as I remember it - however as I am a supporter or Betts, not prepared to burn up a season ticket (not that I have one anyway) and belive in standing by your team through thick and thin I wait for criticism to be heaped on me.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Thanks for the synopsis Matthew.

We try not to "heap critisism" on any one, but this is at times tremendously difficult as we all have strong feelings for the club.

It is an impossiblity to get everyone to agree.
Look at this forum as "tap room talk"(do pubs still have them Geoff? :) ) and try not to take anything too personally and you'll get to enjoy the banter more, I hope! :)