EU ?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

EU ?

Post by cpwigan »

I am and always have been very pro EU but increasingly I see things that make me think the smaller EU was far better the very large EU with several poorer countries we have now. Polish migration is a classic example; Poland were very happy to let people move here but now want to halt migration as they need a sustainable working age population. Yet Cameron with his I got a great deal said existing Polish migrants receive everything and only those migrating thereafter will not. Resembles a man who had his pockets piked and then said thanks to the thief.
ian b

Re: EU ?

Post by ian b »

I think I will vote to come out to be honest. Politicians will try and scare to stay in but its a massive world and I personally see a lot of positives in leaving
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I never envisaged I would Ian but increasingly I may vote out as I just think the EU has grown too big. I preferred the original EU members / ideas.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

cpwigan wrote:I never envisaged I would Ian but increasingly I may vote out as I just think the EU has grown too big. I preferred the original EU members / ideas.
I was pro EU originally, I am now pretty sure I will vote out, and for precisely that reason, it has/is growing too big. As it grows we are giving up too much "sovereignty" (for want of a better word)/ability to govern ourselves. Which I also find ironic with the push internally for devolution.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

southernpie wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I never envisaged I would Ian but increasingly I may vote out as I just think the EU has grown too big. I preferred the original EU members / ideas.
I was pro EU originally, I am now pretty sure I will vote out, and for precisely that reason, it has/is growing too big. As it grows we are giving up too much "sovereignty" (for want of a better word)/ability to govern ourselves. Which I also find ironic with the push internally for devolution.
I have never been in any doubt should a vote come for opting out I would vote out now I have the chance.To many small countries let in knowing they could not sustain the EU payments/rules. Sick to death of Germany and France dictating to us. Beginning to think Merkel is our prime minister. imo The only down side I can see is regarding immigration
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Stay in. No wars.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

One of the worse things they did was build the Euro Tunnel IMO. Anybody & everybody can get in & do!

I will vote to come out. We are paying to keep these other small countries afloat who, as it has already been said, cannot contribute to the payments & abide by the "rules" laid down by the Germany & France!

Those two countries keep getting rich from this fiasco of a United Europe & the rest of us are paying to keep them that way.

Who would have thought that we won the war??

Joining the EU took away the Great in Britain as far as I'm concerned :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote:One of the worse things they did was build the Euro Tunnel IMO. Anybody & everybody can get in & do!

I will vote to come out. We are paying to keep these other small countries afloat who, as it has already been said, cannot contribute to the payments & abide by the "rules" laid down by the Germany & France!

Those two countries keep getting rich from this fiasco of a United Europe & the rest of us are paying to keep them that way.

Who would have thought that we won the war??

Joining the EU took away the Great in Britain as far as I'm concerned :(
It's not a competition Josie. It's a journey.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian b

Post by ian b »

The thing is CP I feel as long as we stay in the EU we will never be able to control our borders and we will struggle deporting these lunatics because of the European courts banging on about their human rights. Angela Merkle has just apologised after around 130 000 migrants have vanished in Germany. I believe the EU is probably as corrupt as Fifa to be honest as I reckon like many, money breeds corruption. The world won't just stop trading with the UK if it decides to defect out this complete mess.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I agree to be honest Ian. I always believed in the EU but I just struggle with it in its present size. In one respect I do not mind the EU having a say / check on the legal/government system and I was always pro migration because IMO the NHS would not exist without it re doctors etc but the more I see Poles, Romanians, other poor nations simply coming to the UK as a single man/woman and all their earnings simply going back to their family home in that country OR simply coming to the UK, taking a low skilled/low paid gob knowing that with a wife/children in tow that the top up from benefits makes it incredibly productive/beneficial for them and their family but very little IMO for the UK. I do worry that so much of our trade is with the EU but as you say who is to say that trade will not continue.