Ouch - The Whole Season!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Ouch - The Whole Season!

Post by Southern Softy »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/35695873

Wigan coach Shaun Wane says hooker Michael McIlorum will miss the rest of the year after suffering a broken ankle in last month's World Club Series defeat by Brisbane.

The 28-year-old went off on a stretcher and was taken to hospital after a tackle on Broncos half-back Anthony Milford.

"Micky's operation went well - the surgeon is really happy," said Wane.

"It will be a long one. I can't see him playing again this year."

Best wishes to MM for a full recovery.

Surely we have to be thinking of cover for the season at the very least.

TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Ouch - The Whole Season!

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Maybe now we will be a better team without him...!! :roll:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Maybe now we will be a better team without him...!! :roll:
Are we to take it you mean that literally or are you being sarcastic?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Leigh signing Saints young 9 worry s me. Maybe Wane love child Beswick to Wigan. Rather make do with Powell
TrueBlueWarrior

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Maybe now we will be a better team without him...!! :roll:
Are we to take it you mean that literally or are you being sarcastic?
Being MM's joint number 1 fan with PM, I mean it sarcastically, however my love for Wigan far outweighs my love for MM, so I would absolutely love to be proven completely wrong.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

cpwigan wrote:Leigh signing Saints young 9 worry s me. Maybe Wane love child Beswick to Wigan. Rather make do with Powell
Get over yourself CP he is nobody's love child. Just a bloody good player.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:Leigh signing Saints young 9 worry s me. Maybe Wane love child Beswick to Wigan. Rather make do with Powell
Charnock has never been anything but a fill in hooker at Saints in the academy. Eaves, Smith and Cunningham were their choices. Beswick would be o.k. as back up and to help with the reserves, particularly as Waterworth is injured and we've been relying on Josh Ganson at 17 years of age to play there.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Get over yourself CP he is nobody's love child. Just a bloody good player.
Yes he is. The observer/post routinely drag up their mutual ass kissing. He wasn't good enough to play for Wigan so he moved on so why on earth would he miraculously become good enough now. He is not even good enough to oust Higham.

Agree to disagree
TrueBlueWarrior

According to some or at least one in particular on here Beswick is better than MM so I would love us to sign him so it can be proven.......or not!! :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He is better than Cam Smith TB which is why Higham was signed after him him and gets selected before him for Leigh. Nevertheless, he is a Wiganer which means he has a big fan club.