Dan Sarginson to Oz ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Dan Sarginson to Oz ?

Post by Nezza Faz »

Not sure if this should be in here or "Rumours" but reported on the "Wigan Today" website, that he's had offers to go to Gold Coast Titans and Melbourne Storm at the end of the year, when he's out of contract at Wigan.

Obviously, a potential big future ahead for Oliver Gildart !
markill

Re: Dan Sarginson to Oz ?

Post by markill »

He was born in Autralia. Does that makes things easier for him than others to get signed by a club there?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wes

Post by Wes »

His defence is shocking his go forward is a stuttering sidestep and he can't pass won't pass if he goes to Oz and I hope he does he'll be found out very quickly and will be playing reserve grade footy.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wes wrote:His defence is shocking his go forward is a stuttering sidestep and he can't pass won't pass if he goes to Oz and I hope he does he'll be found out very quickly and will be playing reserve grade footy.
which will be a step up in quality from the super duper league
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

markill wrote:He was born in Autralia. Does that makes things easier for him than others to get signed by a club there?

I'd say the NRL Salary Cap is the main criteria, as long as the club complies. As he's played top level for England, he'd automatically qualify for a working visa, regardless of his birthplace or whether or not he's an Australian passport holder.

And because their salary cap is almost three times that of SL, they can afford to strengthen squads, and Reserve squads at the same time. So no guarantee he'd be first grade, as with Joe Burgess this weekend (dropped by the Roosters !)
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I have never rated him but if he goes to Oz he will become better player due to the far better coaching there.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

We have known since last year that Sarginson is very unlikely to sign on with Wigan again.

I heard it from the horses mouth at the Catalans in London game that he likes to keep challenging himself and will most likely move away to something new at the end of this year.

With Sarginson, his defence hasn't improved at all and neither has his attack. Whether that is down to the coach and tactics we do not know, but he really lacks the rugby league knowledge and heart to be a top quality centre for Wigan.

I admit, he can be very evasive, he has great agility and will probably hit some gaps with kick returns and around the fringes Friday, but top class centre, nothing in the past 2+ years has shown me he can.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

I'm presuming it won't be as a centre :eusa18:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Brings very little to the team IMO not concerned about him leaving at all
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Brings very little to the team IMO not concerned about him leaving at all
This

Sidestep Sarge