Comprehensive and dominant.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Comprehensive and dominant.

Post by cpwigan »

The most comprehensive and dominant victory over Leeds in years. Gutted we did not nil them but to be honest our points for does not reflect how much better we were.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Comprehensive and dominant.

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Great performance cp a lot of players stood up tonight
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Our defence was awesome and gutted we didn't nil them! Our attack got better but still loads of improvement in us yet! However, I would prefer to have a great defence and need to work on our attack than the other way round! Think it's easier to improve attack than defence!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Our defence was awesome and gutted we didn't nil them! Our attack got better but still loads of improvement in us yet! However, I would prefer to have a great defence and need to work on our attack than the other way round! Think it's easier to improve attack than defence!!
I'd agree with that second half was much better
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We did not panic and that is vital. Sure it was close scorewise first half BUT those points in the second half came from making Leeds work so hard with great field position and possession.
Wigan_forever1985

I thought we looked fitter and faster across the board tonight
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

God wrote:Massively disappointed Leeds scored. We won with a bunch of injurys too, key men missing, as bad if not worse than Leeds injurys.

The thing that's changed from last season and I've noticed quite prominent is resolve and patients and its pleasing to see. I want to see better game management and we have seen it tonight and I hope it continues.
Sorry its not just Leeds injuries but its the retired ones as well. They get counted on top of the injuries. We are missing better quality than they are.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Tonight One thing that stood out for me was our DEPTH of squad. Nobody looked out of place. Not even Gregson.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The scoreline flattered Leeds, had we been clinical we would have put 50 on them. Infringements around the ruck contributed to the score being lower than it should have been. I still can't understand why they were not put on a team warning!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

We should have won that game by forty points, listen to Brian Macs interview after the game. Defensively superb, still a way to go attacking wise, but it's getting better.