New Players Needed Also

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Re: New Players Needed Als...

Post by damien morrissey »

Thats the point.Has millward got the experiance to improve what we have got like he did at leigh because with the exception of a very good 32 yr old what is going to change? Thanks to the men sat round a board table.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

robjoenz posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
Why aren't the players playing for their futures now?
Comfort zone of big contract money that the club are obliged to pay. Maybe, just a thought.
Yeah, but how does that change with a new coach?
I realy don't know. Betts openly admitted that some players would not follow insruction from him - a disgraceful attitude from these players.

It's a fact of the contract system that there can be negative player power in the camp. Millward has to change this - it's why he's here and what he gets paid for.

Having DB in the camp will not help IM.

All the ills in the world are not DB's fault. The nature of coaching pro sports is precarious at best DB knows this. For the good of the club he should walk.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Your absolutely right it is a disgrace that he cant get the players to follow his direction.He has proved himself on the biggest stage and has performed at his worst better than half of our forwards at the moment. As to should he go i disagree he is Wigan through and through i belive that if he thought it would improve the team if he left we would go.