Hohaia interview - forgives Flower but not Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
markill

Hohaia interview - forgives Flower but not Saints

Post by markill »

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Makes for interesting reading.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/ar ... um=twitter

Even if he has no intention of taking action against Saints, should some sort of action be taken by the RFL about a big player welfare issue given the rise of prominence concussion has taken in recent seasons.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
thegimble

Re: Hohaia interview - forgives Flower but not Saints

Post by thegimble »

Concussions needs time and Saints put club needs before a players welfare. Flower did was on the spur of the moment what Saints did was truly unforgivable given all the evidence regarding concussions.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

thegimble wrote:Concussions needs time and Saints put club needs before a players welfare. Flower did was on the spur of the moment what Saints did was truly unforgivable given all the evidence regarding concussions.
If his version of events is true
Saints have disputed his version.Just hope he makes a full recovery.
markill

Post by markill »

The truth probably lies somewhere between what both parties have stated. If I was to guess, I'd say that hohaia didn't tell them exactly how he was doing when he went back into training, but once he did tell them he couldn't play on they forced his hand in bringing his retirement forward so they didn't have to pay him when he wasn't going to be available for selection for an unknown time frame.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Even if this is only half true then the concussion protocols have been badly overlooked and this needs looked into.

What the article fails to mention was that Flowers action were in retaliation to an unprovoked forearm to the back of the head. A small but minor detail to bear in mind d before considering any sympathy to Hohia
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

AndyNick wrote:Even if this is only half true then the concussion protocols have been badly overlooked and this needs looked into.

What the article fails to mention was that Flowers action were in retaliation to an unprovoked forearm to the back of the head. A small but minor detail to bear in mind d before considering any sympathy to Hohia

And also the fact that Hohaia was given a two match ban for this 'off the ball' action. That's all brushed under the carpet and Flowers is getting pilloried once again while he's trying to rebuild his career with solid honest performances.
I say that because I once saw him as the shithouse prop we've needed for several years, but following this incident, he's just had to get stuck in and become a grafting prop.
Good on you Ben.
jobo

Post by jobo »

I suppose it gives some Sts fans a reason to express their horror about what our monster Ben Flower, did to their choir boy Lance but then they realise it's Sts the club who are being blamed, not Ben.

Think it's wry smile time :roll:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Does anyone else feel like Wigan should keep a close eye on this

Seems to me St Helens are being backed into a corner and may say something dodgy

Gleaning through the PR words it's almost as if St. Helens are now saying "c'mon on lance you weren't even that hurt" seems like when it was in their interest to get Ben done they were all for how damaged he had been now it's them in the firing line they are back tracking quickly as to the severity of the issue
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure