Charnley & Sarginson to leave

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Charnley & Sarginson to leave

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Charnley & Sarginson to leave

Post by Mike »

Charnley - forced out by wane IMO.

Sarge - heart not in it.

Or club really doesn't seem to inspire loyalty from many of the players at the moment.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
GBH

Post by GBH »

100% agree with Mike when you public attack a player as a coach that dosnt inspire them or help there confidence.
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Once Sam Tomkins is fit i would demote Sarginson and only use in case of emergencies, as for Charnley, let's hope he is replaced by a goal kicking flying machine or Jason Robinson MK2
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Charnley was rightly constructively criticised by Wane in my opinion as his form was not good enough at the time, as for him being forced out, well SW picking him every game and Josh playing very good RL again sort of contradicts that doesn't it?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Premium

Post by Premium »

This all goes back to the time of the Sydney rooster trip I have heard he ( Charnley ) was blatantly touting himself around to the NRL sides and his card was marked from there on in
jobo

Post by jobo »

Think there's a bit more to it than simply Wane having Josh's card marked.

Got to say that losing top players like Josh, Joe and Scott Taylor along with the likes of Thornley and Goulding, looks to me that our management team need taking to task.

If you take Leeds and Warrington as examples, they don't seem to have the same trouble we have in retaining their best players.
Premium

Post by Premium »

jobo wrote:Think there's a bit more to it than simply Wane having Josh's card marked.

Got to say that losing top players like Josh, Joe and Scott Taylor along with the likes of Thornley and Goulding, looks to me that our management team need taking to task.

If you take Leeds and Warrington as examples, they don't seem to have the same trouble we have in retaining their best players.

Great point well made .... And to add the supporters will recieve the same straight bat corporate quote like "we offered him a great deal to stay but he choose to move on "" blah blah blah "

You have got question the management negotiating skills it we are to believe the spin from Ian and Sean.

I think they look at the never ending pool of talent rolling in and think yes we can save some cash here and replace him with local talent who want to play for the club

which from a business point of view is a fair shout however they have to remember that they are in the entertainment business and supporters want recruitment locally as well as to retain and bring in quality players
BriH

Post by BriH »

Let's hope IL et al have got some quality players to replace them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Players move on, you just hope the club replace them with the equivalent or better players. We will always lose players to the NRL or RU simply because of the SL Cap irrespective of what any press release says.