Re: Millward at Wigan - good or bad?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Good decision, vvv glad we kept Betts! :D
thegimble

Re: Millward at Wigan - go...

Post by thegimble »

standishcat posted:
Good decision, vvv glad we kept Betts! :D
Yes i agree.

Like MO said Betts is still a young man with a big big future at the club. It might have being a bit too much now but he did have a future as a coach again when he is ready.

what many does not understand is that he came in as headcoach way too early, he had hardly finished playing when he went through the coaching ranks to the coach of the biggest club in SL inside 3 years. He did a great job as MG's assistant i hope he has the same impact as the assistant to Millward.
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

I of mixed opinion about the appointment of millward, i am excited about the prospect of him bringing the best out of the players we have at the club, plus the pulling power of the man to bring in the best players aswell. I love the style of play he promotes in his sides and i am sure if you ask any leigh or saints fan they will say they love him. I just hope he doesnt bring the name of the club down. hey who needs a coach to bring down the name of the club when some of its so called fans do it for them ie the wigan walk and how fickle some are!!

If he brings in the tropheys, bring him on!!!

:wink:
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Positive move to put in a coach with experience and also keep Betts who will undoubtably be the next Wigan Coach once Millward moves on.

Will see what pulling power he has with regards to strengthening the squad as jury still out on a couple of last seasons signings

Need a leader on the park now to replace Faz though
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Im glad we kept Betts too.

When Millie was sacked i had a good laugh BUT i did fancy us pinching him to get us back on the winning track.

A very good move.

Now lets get back to winning & getting to Cardiff again.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Betts who will undoubtably be the next Wigan Coach
hhmmmm...really?
mikey

Post by mikey »

Action speakes louder than words as the saying goes cant wait for the London game this man IM deserves a great reception tomorrow for me the season has just begun .Bring it on +40pts come on Wigan :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

There's positive and there's crazy!

I obviously want Wigan to win tomorrow but I think it will be tight. Milly won't have worked miracles yet!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
portite

Post by portite »

I think it's a good thing that he's here. Something needed to be done. If he can't get the team playing better and prepared for the future, then there's no hope. He seems to be saying all the right things about the club and there's no doubting his ability. But there's always the StH factor. I wonder how many coaches have coached Leigh, StH and us.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

MrsLam posted:
There's positive and there's crazy!

I obviously want Wigan to win tomorrow but I think it will be tight. Milly won't have worked miracles yet!
They are a good home side but average away. They like a small pitch and ours is about the biggest in SL. Us by 12-18 i would go for.