Match Official Crisis

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Match Official Crisis

Post by cpwigan »

Not just on the field but off it with video referees. It has become a lottery and a decisive factor in whether you win or lose games. Say what you want but under Ganson, match officiating has become worse not better.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Match Official Crisis

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Not just on the field but off it with video referees. It has become a lottery and a decisive factor in whether you win or lose games. Say what you want but under Ganson, match officiating has become worse not better.
Said it is making a mockery of the game on the match thread!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We seem to have gone backwards to the point now where as a player you must take the odds and just ignore the ball, grab runners and scream obstruction. Worse, the VR are making these decisions.
TrueBlueWarrior

There was loads of ridiculous decisions against both teams, but in the first 20 he gave them a massive leg up!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

mickw wrote:Was it a sinbining yes, are we going to see sinbining more often now for that offence are we buggery, are we going to see more 8 point tries are we buggery and since when did linesmen start giving offsides under the posts.

That was the most biased one sided display of so called refereeing I've seen in a long while and thats saying sommat, can the ref lovers explain that performance and tell me he had no agenda against us. I'll be waiting.
Sin bin was fine Mick but why not an 8 pointer when two went late at Manfredi scoring. As you say will it happen in future ...
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:
mickw wrote:Was it a sinbining yes, are we going to see sinbining more often now for that offence are we buggery, are we going to see more 8 point tries are we buggery and since when did linesmen start giving offsides under the posts.

That was the most biased one sided display of so called refereeing I've seen in a long while and thats saying sommat, can the ref lovers explain that performance and tell me he had no agenda against us. I'll be waiting.
Sin bin was fine Mick but why not an 8 pointer when two went late at Manfredi scoring. As you say will it happen in future ...
How many times do we see an incident like that not sin binned?
TrueBlueWarrior

The Atkins try was dubious to say the least, it looked to me like he rolled it onto the line!!
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Its getting Silly.

Liam Farrell Sin binned for cynical slowing down the play of the ball. Fair enough. Care to explain though why Alex Walmsley wasn't sin binned (by the same referee) for exactly the same offence last week?

8 point try. You will see that happen every game. That will be the only 8 point try given for it this season, although they did try to give one against us a couple of weeks back when Gelling slid in the corner and the video ref said no. (May be wrong but Hicks might have been the video ref)

Steve Ganson has come out and said that referees need to be held accountable for their mistakes. So he's stood down the best ref in the competition, for having the audacity to say that he disagreed with the incorrect decision made by a video referee who was stood down from match duty for being rubbish. He then appoints a guy to the biggest game of the weekend, who the previous week had ruined the biggest game of the weekend.

All we want is a bit of consistency.
TrueBlueWarrior

Hicks is simply inept!! Add to the fact he clearly dislikes us is a recipe for disaster!!
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

just watching some of the game back on you tube

I would say 2 forward passes for the 1st 2 tries. the 2nd one I have slowed down and it is clearly a couple of yards forward from when he passes on the line to being caught well in front of the line. SOL did the same and it was pulled for a forward pass rightly, but why only pick up on one??

Similarly with the Farrell sin binning - as others have said it was correct, but we have seen the same / worse against us in the last couple of games and nothing has happened

also just seen the incident where Sarge went for the ball from a kick to the corner. Cummins says ref got is wrong as ball was dead (foot / toe on line)so Wigan ball - result Wire scrum - although at the game I was not happy with Sarge to be honest for making a play at it

touch judge calling an offside when Chris Hill knocks on - where has that one come from - they cant see things in front of their eyes week after week especially when both sides were consistently offside during the game and he gave very little

don't get me going on the obstruction rule for the No Try again - as a defender make a bad decision and put your arms up and the VR buys it