Youngsters did great but the experienced ..?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Youngsters did great but the experienced ..?

Post by cpwigan »

The youngsters seemed to bust their balls but where are the so called experienced players when you most need them? Matty Smith again AWOL Joel not going that bit extra Mossop the worst prop again.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Youngsters did great but the experienced ..?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Couldn't agree more, as a creative player, what does Smith actually create?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:The youngsters seemed to bust their balls but where are the so called experienced players when you most need them? Matty Smith again AWOL Joel not going that bit extra Mossop the worst prop again.
Said the same on another thread it's a weird situation to be in when your potential mom is a 19yr old on his debut

P.s don't say anything bad about smith i got a mouthful last time
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought Faz stood up but Smith need to truly step up. Worse, like any half back you get targetted as a defender but his goal line / 20 defence was exposed tonight and IIRc in a recent match too. It is not going to go away either as teams will target him more and more until he starts knocking people down or stopping them solidly. The weird Atkins try was largely his fault as well as the early obvious one.
Wigan_forever1985

Faz had a bit of a off game I thought rare for him

Did smith even kick a ball in the second half? For the ONLY starting half back on the pitch he was completely missing in the 2nd half and terrible in the first he just brings nothing!!!!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Smith does not need to step up he needs to step down, how long can we put up with the worst 7 in SL? I am amazed.
Wigan_forever1985

old hooker wrote:Smith does not need to step up he needs to step down, how long can we put up with the worst 7 in SL? I am amazed.
What's more amazing is some fans think he is good!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Faz had a bit of a off game I thought rare for him

Did smith even kick a ball in the second half? For the ONLY starting half back on the pitch he was completely missing in the 2nd half and terrible in the first he just brings nothing!!!!
I know I expected him to be running like crazy from side to side but it was like NOTHING, no recognition he had to be running himself into the ground.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

The looks I get when I have a go at Matty is unreal, but he was poor again tonight. I thought Gregson was a half back, and tonight he really put a shift in and impressed me. When others come back it's the likes of Smith and Mossop that needs to miss out. Then again I thought Logan was looking good and look where he is now.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Couldn't agree more, as a creative player, what does Smith actually create?
Sweet FA.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards