Re: Mo In OZ

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Looks like a big guy, and he will only be 28 when he gets here (if he gets here) wich will please one or two people on this message board ie calling mo for signing players over the age of 30,
Check out the penrith web site if he gets over the injury he could be a good signing for us
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

This would be the sort of back rower we havnt got, dynamic and a very aggresive runner, a player who can make a break, he can burst tackles and has good pace for his size, hes the sort of player we are lacking, neither Hock or Tickle play in the same style as this guy does, we can play them all in the 17, Leeds play lauitit coming off the bench, we could do the same with him. Plus he still young enough, hes only 26 now, 27 when we start next season, and is a current Kiwi international.
Also I think he must fall under the kulpak ruling, as our quota is full for next season.
Given the choice of having Vinnie Anderson and this guy, I would choose Galuvao.

It's good to see Mo is waiting to see how his injury goes, stating the Davico saga as the reason for doing so.

All we need now is another centre, and hopefully Millward can get Orr and Moran firing.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Gulavao on a good day is unstoppable. During the 2003 & 2004 seasons there was no one that would stop the hair bears (Joe Gulavao and Tony Puletua).

Unfortunately this season he hasn't been at his best, though no one at Penrith has. I honestly believe that there are problems between Joe and the club hence Penrith not wanting to sign him again. I can tell you now if i had this guy at my team i would not be letting him go.

Hopefully Joe goes to a club where he's happy so we can see his amazing skills again. He is a brilliant player when in form
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

If anyone can get the best outof a player, it's Millward, this is one of the reasons I am excited by him becoming coach, I really do think he can get more out of the players we have than what Betts got. Hes load and arrogant, but hes a winner, and that is infectious, players like Orr and Moran who where good players before they came have suffered because of the expectations of the club, but with millward in charge, I really do feel we have a coach who puts confidence into players and gets them playing with a beleif in themsleves to try stuff, hopefully he will sort our dreadful attacking line, get us standing a little deeper, get some dummy runners and get players hitting the ball from deep. Half backs need options, they need runners, they need dummy runners so the opposition dontknow hos going to get the ball every tackle, because at the moment its all 1 man rugby and opposition defences ar just lining us up and knocking us down. There is no variation in our play, and for that I blame the coach, add this up and it is amajor contribution to why Orr and Moran are not playing well this season.
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

Sounds good, but that means Hock, Tickle, Fletcher, Hansen, Fletcher and this bloke as 2nd rows, with only 3 props: Our Fistey Frog, SeuSeu and Scully. Unless we are thinking of moving one of our 2nd rows to prop (Hock is, apparently, putting on size -?), do you not think another prop would be better?

Still agree he looks quality though! :D
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Tickle has played a bit at prop this season and seems to have bulked up a lot, i heard last season he could be utilised in the front row this season. I think a move for a prop would be really beneficial instead of going for 2nd rowers as i think our 2nd row is one of the strongest places in our squad, unless hes thinking of using fletcher or this guy as a prop, who knows!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Lets get these Hard running second rows into the club because although i agree iy is our most consistant position this season it isnt medal wining quality.I agree that a prop like Mozzer from the roosters and a three quarter would give us a chance.