Anybody Stressed ???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Anybody Stressed ???

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan coach Shaun Wane:
"I'm not stressed one little bit. I know what we have and where we're at. I loved the fact that so many Wigan fans stayed behind to clap the players because I'm sure they know the situation we're in.

"I don't want to take anything away from Wakefield. Let them enjoy their day and, if they want to book their coaches to London, let them book them.

"Wakefield were very good. But I know what we've got in the club and how we can play so that result doesn't stress me in the slightest. Don't confuse that with the games at Catalans and Castleford, where we went with strong teams.

"We made it hard for ourselves by giving them too many sets. A combination of us being really lethargic, tired and lacking energy gave them good field position."
Wandering Warrior

Re: Anybody Stressed ???

Post by Wandering Warrior »

It's very comforting to believe your own propaganda, unfortunately even when it's deluded.
I wonder if Rocky will come of age Friday? That won't surprise me.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

His comments earlier in the week suggest to me that the game was lost on Tuesday. Gave up before the team left Wigan. He wasn't stressed about it then either and neither were the players.

It's the kind of thing you'd expect from Millward!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It is very much Millward esque from his dire season. Good call Dave. He also seems to tinker re selection / position of players which was a Millward thing too. Wane even slipped back into his old self with his arrogant;
Let them enjoy their day and, if they want to book their coaches to London, let them book them
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wandering Warrior wrote:It's very comforting to believe your own propaganda, unfortunately even when it's deluded.
I believe 3 Widnes tries came from Rocky dropping the ball!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:It's very comforting to believe your own propaganda, unfortunately even when it's deluded.
I believe 3 Widnes tries came from Rocky dropping the ball!
Surely you are only believing KW and it's not fact!?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I'm not dressed but a little pee'd off after wasting a day over In yorkshire.

I went not expecting a win but to support the going lads, unfortunately the same couldn't be said for ANY of our senior players today.

Being so close to the pitch raised a very alarming concern today and that was that NOBODY was talking. The quietest side I've ever seen! You cant win team sport like that.

So disappointed in the lack of effort today and feel sorry for the young lads making their debuts. Massively let down.

Will this result have a baring on us making the grand final? No, but the senior lads should hang their heads in shame.

Woeful
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Note: The above message was typed full clothed

:blush:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Shaun says you must not be stressed Adam :doz:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:It is very much Millward esque from his dire season. Good call Dave. He also seems to tinker re selection / position of players which was a Millward thing too. Wane even slipped back into his old self with his arrogant;
Let them enjoy their day and, if they want to book their coaches to London, let them book them
Where has Shaun Wane said that please?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan