Re: Game plan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Level Peg

Post by Level Peg »

IM has just helped St's do what they have already done but with more organisation. The pipe and wrench approach worked on some occasions but often blew leaks in the red zone even the green at times. IM laid traffic cones in their game plan and used the drill bit in the quick ruck. But the defence is where his first priority should be. Ignore the slide, our lads can't hack it! The flytrap is rounder and less work for the donkeys we brought in when the work horses like Cass left.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Level Peg posted:
IM has just helped St's do what they have already done but with more organisation. The pipe and wrench approach worked on some occasions but often blew leaks in the red zone even the green at times. IM laid traffic cones in their game plan and used the drill bit in the quick ruck. But the defence is where his first priority should be. Ignore the slide, our lads can't hack it! The flytrap is rounder and less work for the donkeys we brought in when the work horses like Cass left.
:eh: :eh: :eh:
Level Peg

Post by Level Peg »

Too right, our defence is so tired by 30 minutes it spring more leaks than Wales. We must truncate, lay roots and mobalise across the field as a unit.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Level Peg posted:
Too right, our defence is so tired by 30 minutes it spring more leaks than Wales. We must truncate, lay roots and mobalise across the field as a unit.
Tendancy ive seen as of late is to start panacking when teams comeback. Its the go forward at that point which creates the problem. We are not contrrolling the ganes in the last 30 minutes and that has costed us dearliy now.

If Carney and Guisett held on to the football on Friday wed have beaten them comfotabley in the end.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

thegimble posted:
Level Peg posted:
Tendancy ive seen as of late is to start panacking when teams comeback. Its the go forward at that point which creates the problem. We are not contrrolling the ganes in the last 30 minutes and that has costed us dearliy now.

If Carney and Guisett held on to the football on Friday wed have beaten them comfotabley in the end.
your correct but haven,t we been dropping balls all season and some of our passing is terrible .i thought guisett,s first drop was not even ment for him to catch. millie should sort this out and after a few wins and the pressure lifted we should be able to relax and not have to force the ball so much.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

But Millward likes to play "high-risk" rugby...lots of offloads, long passes, off-the-cuff plays, etc. Our ball-handling recently makes me wonder if they can execute the plays he'll want to introduce.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

GeoffN posted:
But Millward likes to play "high-risk" rugby...lots of offloads, long passes, off-the-cuff plays, etc. Our ball-handling recently makes me wonder if they can execute the plays he'll want to introduce.
I think the reason our ball-handling has been so bad is due to lack of confidence, After a few games under the belt with millward in charge that confidence will come back i have no doubt about that,
Watch this space they will come good.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

yes thats the point i was trying to make that a few wins should ease the pressure and let us play with more confidence
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

waterside glens posted:
thegimble posted:
Level Peg posted:

your correct but haven,t we been dropping balls all season and some of our passing is terrible .i thought guisett,s first drop was not even ment for him to catch. millie should sort this out and after a few wins and the pressure lifted we should be able to relax and not have to force the ball so much.
Yes i do not believe its the lack of fitness is the problem its players freezing up and not playing the game that they played in the first 50 minutes.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
Yes but it is controlled not like we do at the moment. At times we loose shape and pattern his sides do not lose these elements often.