Hampshire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Hampshire

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Playing FB today despite the fact Cas haven't got 1 fit half back???
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Re: Hampshire

Post by medlocke »

Hasn't really done anything yet, only heard his name mentioned twice, Deffo not Wigan Standard
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:Hasn't really done anything yet, only heard his name mentioned twice, Deffo not Wigan Standard

Incoming a 15 page thread on why Smith is crap a. and Rocky will set the world on fire if only someone plays him at 6.
:roll:
Wigan_forever1985

You've got to wonder when a coach like Powell (who I have a lot of respect for) thinks a prop and mcshane are better half options then does anyone see a future for Hampshire in the halves in superleague?

Maybe at his age he would be better dropping down to championship in the halves if he wants a fair crack at that position
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Mind you

Based on that game McShane is a shoe-in for the England scrum half job :roll: :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I'm really surprised that nobody is sticking up for him or have all his fans come to realise that his rise to superstar status was only hype?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You are very negative Meds. Mind you, you said the same about Lockers :lol:

FWIIW, I thought he had a decent game. Try scoring kicks, tying defenders before releasing passes for tries. Defence was reasonable. Returning kicks I would say average.

Powell rightly decided he wanted to play the game in a manner best suited to a hooker at HB and with a decent fill in FB playing fullback.

Despite playing out of position he has simply got on with the job.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Said it before and will say it again, Hampshire needs to do his talking on the pitch, I think its fair to say he is not letting anyone down but also he hasn't produced what some might have expected.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

For me if he sees his future at 6 he needs to be playing there on the regular. Blake Green wanted to play 6 and moved to superleague because he couldn't get in the NRL and was being constantly played out of position. That move made his career.

I think the brave thing for Hampshire to do would be to drop in the championship at a top club and get a full season under his belt - if he is good enough he will be picked up again
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:I'm really surprised that nobody is sticking up for him or have all his fans come to realise that his rise to superstar status was only hype?
Who said he was a superstar or was going to be a superstar.
As your so pro-active about Hampshire, what's your answer to all this.