Mayor of London

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Mayor of London

Post by SJ »

Sadiq Khan is to be the new mayor. Is this a cause for celebration for the rest of Britain or the harbinger of a future trend or is this post just so much rubbish
medlocke

Re: Mayor of London

Post by medlocke »

The beginning of the end
SJ

Post by SJ »

medlocke wrote:The beginning of the end
:lol: or maybe the "end of the beginning " :D
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I really hate the fact that in 2016 the fact he is a Muslim even warrants mentioning

What a sad world
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

No surprise seeing that all the true Londoners including the Cockneys have moved out, especially to Essex.

Why do think Labour selected a Asian candinate?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Whelley Warrior wrote:No surprise seeing that all the true Londoners including the Cockneys have moved out, especially to Essex.

Why do think Labour selected a Asian candinate?
You realy do take the biscuit.

First off, he isn't Asian, he's English. Secondly, he's a born Londoner and he represents what London is today, not a century ago.

If you take a look at most of the population of Wigan but especially Scholes and Whelley, think you'll find that most have immigrant ancestors.

SJ

Post by SJ »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I really hate the fact that in 2016 the fact he is a Muslim even warrants mentioning

What a sad world
You obviously don't read the news. There's a war going on against those you seem to suggest can't be mentioned. Now that is sad.

Yes WW a valid observation. a very cynical selection by Labour

Not been up north for ages and did notice an influx of ethnic Ince in Makerfield people. (Joke)

I did ask a valid question. Was his election a cause for celebration. No one answered the question directly instead it highlights people's sensitivity to this type of question which I find illuminating and disturbing
doc

Post by doc »

An asian female Labour candidate, Nazia Rehman, won one of the Tyldesley seats on Wigan Council. You can hardly call that a cynical choice of candidate based on the predominantly white background of the electorate.

Race/religion/gender and sexuality should not come in to it. You should vote for the candidate who personally reflects your views or whose party reflects your political viewpoint.
jobo

Post by jobo »

SJ wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I really hate the fact that in 2016 the fact he is a Muslim even warrants mentioning

What a sad world
You obviously don't read the news. There's a war going on against those you seem to suggest can't be mentioned. Now that is sad.

Not been up north for ages and did notice an influx of ethnic Ince in Makerfield people. (Joke)

I did ask a valid question. Was his election a cause for celebration. No one answered the question directly instead it highlights people's sensitivity to this type of question which I find illuminating and disturbing
Think in your original post SJ you asked was Khan's election a cause for celebration or a harbinger of change.

As long as he's good at the job then it's a cause for celebration surely, whether he's Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Sikh, Satanist, whatever.

As for the harbinger of change, not too sure what you actually mean by this.
SJ

Post by SJ »

jobo wrote:
SJ wrote:

What a sad world

Think in your original post SJ you asked was Khan's election a cause for celebration or a harbinger of change.

As long as he's good at the job then it's a cause for celebration surely, whether he's Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Sikh, Satanist, whatever.

As for the harbinger of change, not too sure what you actually mean by this.
Thanks for the response

II agree with your views. Re your non understanding of the reference you refer to just
Characterise it as "so much rubbish" Taa