Cup draw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Cup draw

Post by jaws1 »

We are drawn at home to play Castleford so we will be back at Leigh no doubt as the games have to be played
The four quarter-final ties will be played on 24-26 June.

Challenge Cup quarter-final draw

Hull FC v Catalans Dragons

Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers

Warrington Wolves v Widnes Vikings

Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/36243445
menpond

Re: Cup draw

Post by menpond »

I hate Castleford from bitter experience. Well we know what to expect.
mp
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I will be well & truly annoyed if it's at Leigh again this year :angry:

There shouldn't be any need to fully reseed the pitch at the DW after it had turf laid earlier in the season.

That should last a bit longer if they got the drainage sorted!

Anyway I'm sure the groundsman told me they were considering putting implants in & around the pitch of artificial grass!!

Even so, I'm sure one game, after four weeks of the pitch being mollycoddled, wouldn't do much damage, there will be another two weeks to recover ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I thought the pitch was being dug up so that the drainage could be sorted out.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Looking at the other draws I don't see how we could have got a better one.

You need a bit of luck sometimes and with the injuries we have had we are overdue some.

Dewsbury first and now Cas, both good draws, whereas Leeds and Saints are already out not having been so fortunate and I don't fancy playing the other SL teams in the next round.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:Looking at the other draws I don't see how we could have got a better one.

You need a bit of luck sometimes and with the injuries we have had we are overdue some.

Dewsbury first and now Cas, both good draws, whereas Leeds and Saints are already out not having been so fortunate and I don't fancy playing the other SL teams in the next round.
I agree DaveO, I think its a friendly draw, however still a tough game.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:Looking at the other draws I don't see how we could have got a better one.

It was in 2014 but at the moment Cas are not so hot yet as always in the CC with it being knock-out the best team that turns up on the day will progress. No second chances.

Probably why people like it so much!

I suppose you might argue Widnes could be an easier draw but I am not so sure given the way the ex-Wiganers raise their game v us.

TrueBlueWarrior

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

It was in 2014 but at the moment Cas are not so hot yet as always in the CC with it being knock-out the best team that turns up on the day will progress. No second chances.

Probably why people like it so much!

I suppose you might argue Widnes could be an easier draw but I am not so sure given the way the ex-Wiganers raise their game v us.
Again totally agree!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Now let's hope it is a HOME match!!!
TrueBlueWarrior

WiganWoman1968 wrote:Now let's hope it is a HOME match!!!
I am doing a lot of agreeing today!!