Will Sam play or is it a marketing ploy?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Will Sam play or is it a marketing ploy?

Post by cpwigan »

Big call to risk him v Hull. Will it happen or is it a ruse?
ian.birchall

Re: Will Sam play or is it a marketing ploy?

Post by ian.birchall »

cpwigan wrote:Big call to risk him v Hull. Will it happen or is it a ruse?
CPW, oh you cynic. Having watched the Hull pack destroy Stains yesterday with Taylor as outstanding as in his first season at Wigan of course they are not going to play him next Friday but do not tell anyone else that.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It was a tactic used A LOT in his last season with us, naming him on the team sheet only for him to pull out either on the day or the day before.

My heart wants to believe but my mind says no

Shaun Wane cant of truely believed he would need a full strength squad to beat Dewsbury or that he couldn't risk putting Sam on the bench to give him 20mins in a game we were likely to have won.

The fact Sam was not considered for Dewsbury as a mark of respect that he wouldn't be ready contradicts that he would be ready for arguably the form team of the Superleague competition 5 days later

Good for ticket sales though

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

No doubt IL will want to cash in on Sam's return and that means playing him at home for his first match. So it has to be next Friday as our next home game will be the cup at the end of June.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i don`t know what people expect even if he does play after the amount of time hes been out ots going to be weeks if not months before he get any potential form back (hope to be eating my words)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
markill

Post by markill »

It's clear from Wane's post game comments he doesn't rate the pitch at Dewsbury - probably tied in with the injury it gave Charnley last time we played there. Maybe that's why Sam T wasn't put on the bench for that game to get some minutes and instead will be used this week. Given we're playing bottom of the league the week after at Magic we might want to save him for that as his return...
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He will come on 5 minutes from half time then come back on 5 minutes from the end
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Well, as he plays full back:
- he can look for Charnley or Manfredi on every return;
- he can join the line and pass;
- they have to make few tackles, especially in a team as defensively superb as ours...
Which only leaves the potential to target him on kicks, and even there he should be canny enough to avoid getting monstered.
So, if he can run round ok, give him 20 minutes, and more against Leeds.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

personally i think he s massivley overated
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

stevo38 wrote:personally i think he s massivley overated
Now, or throughout his career?
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.