Says it all really

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
endoman

Says it all really

Post by endoman »

I can't believe I have just read this, deluded.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-7912716
Kittwazzer

Re: Says it all really

Post by Kittwazzer »

endoman wrote:I can't believe I have just read this, deluded.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-7912716
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

How can people call people deluded when they have no idea of what the coaches and players do in training ?

For me we need to concentrate on the defence first then the attack will look after itself, over the last few weeks the defence has been poor and we have let in to many soft tries. If we get back to the aggressive no nonsense defence we will get better.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Stuwigan wrote:How can people call people deluded when they have no idea of what the coaches and players do in training ?

For me we need to concentrate on the defence first then the attack will look after itself, over the last few weeks the defence has been poor and we have let in to many soft tries. If we get back to the aggressive no nonsense defence we will get better.
Have you watched us for more than 3 weeks?

Attack has been shocking since we won the double in 2013. Attack is killing us when we put pressure on we do not score. Its now compounded by the defence worsening.

We are the second worse attack in SL only Leeds behind us and if we lose heavily to them on Saturday we could be the worse.

So you think our attack is great?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To say he's not worried about our attack is showing his ignorance

We need points - this season has been up and down for everyone and it's likely teams within the top 4-6 will finish on the same points

We are one of only 2 teams in minus points difference in the top 8. That means unless we rack up some massive wins we are could potentially lose a top 4 place simply on the basis of not scoring enough.

This "detail" is obviously his new buzz word it used to be dumb (ironic)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Totally agree.

Whenever we get the ball I hardly ever think we are going to create something. I am merely counting down the tackles.

Our attack is awful, woeful, shambolic and lacking any form of direction.

Before Wane "sorts out the details", he might be advised to sort out this rather obvious fact.
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

Gimble the attack has not been good all season so far but the defence has been good which has helped us win games when previously we would have lost those games. The injury situ has not helped with key players missing in key areas and as these players come back they get used to playing with those combinations again it will get better.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Stuwigan wrote:Gimble the attack has not been good all season so far but the defence has been good which has helped us win games when previously we would have lost those games. The injury situ has not helped with key players missing in key areas and as these players come back they get used to playing with those combinations again it will get better.
Most sides have injuries does not stop them from scoring. But we are and have been shocking for a long while an issue Wane should have resolved pre season. If our attack was on a shade better than it has been we would have won the last 2 GF.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

We play rugby by numbers. At any given time and at any given position in the field, you can pretty much predict who is going to take the ball in, who will pass and who will kick (and where). Our rugby is played to the strictest of scripts with very little freedom to do anything else.
I can remember coaches, a few years ago, saying that they knew what we were going to do but didn't know how to defend against it. Now they're saying that they do know how to defend against it. And they do! And it shows.
Even Phil Clarke was saying that our attack structure has "run its course."
In the past, we always had a rock solid defence to account for the lack of flair in attack and now we've lost that too.
Leeds won the treble last year by having a combination of experienced players and the ability to play off the cuff and what was in front of them. We don't. I watch the likes of Wakefield and Hull, look for support runners and play clever off loads when it's on. We don't. I watch Widnes (at the start of the season) play with flair, accepting that it might not always come off but it was enough to beat us.
Before this season, we hadn't been beaten at the DW for ages. Now look at us. A predictable, boring attack done yards and yards behind the gain line, a woeful defence and the most prescriptive game plan out there.
Wane is being out-coached every week and every time it goes wrong, it's the players fault for being dumb. No Sean... the players are doing exactly what you're asking them to do. It's just that it doesn't work and you're too blinkered to see it.
We need a new coach, a new half, a new game plan and a new outlook.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
endoman

Post by endoman »

Stuwigan wrote:How can people call people deluded when they have no idea of what the coaches and players do in training ?

Whatever is being done in training isn't winning us games or producing rugby that's exciting the fans. It's very hard work to watch at present, and has been for some time. Currently see no light at the end of the tunnel, cos we've heard the same excuses for many months, and the same solutions,