Who Is The Jinx?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
trotski_tgwu

Who Is The Jinx?

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Just a light humoured Poll to see which fan on this site is a JINX when they come to watch the Warriors at the JJB

Il start it of with my guese.

WATERSIDE GLENS - Reason 2 Home Games = 2 Defeats

:conf:

What does everyone else think. lol

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

MrsLam

Re: Who Is The Jinx?

Post by MrsLam »

Since I stopped wearing the knickers with the pom poms on the ends, we haven't done so well. My family are quite supersticious, I'm justa bout growing out of it as my sister is growing into it. She won't wear her expensive new shirt cause we keep losing in it!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

when i first started following wigan in about 93/94ish i only missed one or 2 home matches in 2 seasons and they lost them both without me there. the first match i saw them lose was when we finally got knocked out of the challenge cup by salford, I couldnt believe it even with 30 seconds left i still thought we could win. I wish i could bring that luck back nowadays. i will try and think back to see if had any lucky pants that i have forgot about.
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

JIMH posted:
when i first started following wigan in about 93/94ish i only missed one or 2 home matches in 2 seasons and they lost them both without me there. the first match i saw them lose was when we finally got knocked out of the challenge cup by salford, I couldnt believe it even with 30 seconds left i still thought we could win. I wish i could bring that luck back nowadays. i will try and think back to see if had any lucky pants that i have forgot about.
It might be me! the first CC game I missed in lots of years was the Salford one. I was working, and hadn't wanted to use up a day off for a game I "knew" we'd win easily.
I did go to the Sheffield Wembley though! :angry:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
Since I stopped wearing the knickers with the pom poms on the ends, we haven't done so well. My family are quite supersticious, I'm justa bout growing out of it as my sister is growing into it. She won't wear her expensive new shirt cause we keep losing in it!
Still, that's no excuse to start wearing knickers again!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

trotski_tgwu posted:
Just a light humoured Poll to see which fan on this site is a JINX when they come to watch the Warriors at the JJB

i think it,s the company i keep at games. ever since i met trots wigan have lost both games i,ve been at :roll:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I am similar to MrsLam, in that I used to be superstitious, not that I wear pom poms on my knickers! For exams and big matches I used to wear odd football or rugby socks. Not done that since I finished my A-Levels though.

I think the actual reason, hoever, is that Mario and I used to take apple pies to games to enjoy in celebration on the way home. When we forgot the apple pies or both thought the other was bringing them we lost! We have not taken applies pies for weeks so it's no wonder we are suffering!

(Mario - we'll rob some from me mums for Monday!)
Plymouthpieeater

Post by Plymouthpieeater »

I don't get to see many games a year due to work and where I live. I do seem to be a tad unlucky when it comes to watching Wigan. The last winning game I saw was against Salford in 1996!. The first challenge cup final i went to was when we played Sheffield. The only finals I've missed was our challenge cup win over Saints and our '98 Superleague win over Leeds. I think its best I stay away in future!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I must admit I thought it was me!

I bought some Wigan socks to wear when I am at work on the door (for some reason the owner of the bar I work in doesn't like me wearing my Offiah shirt to work).

Wigan have only won once when I have been wearing them (the lucky escape at Widnes) and so I was starting to believe that they were cursed! :huh:
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

waterside glens posted:
trotski_tgwu posted:

i think it,s the company i keep at games. ever since i met trots wigan have lost both games i,ve been at :roll:
You wont get any Better Company MATE & you know it lol As who Else but us SCOTS & maybe the Welsh can understand you. [/quote]

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx