Bateman linked with NRL move

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Bateman linked with NRL move

Post by Caboosegg »

would be disappointing to see him go, i am of the Opinion that bateman is a large part of us still being in the top 4 currently despite the injuries/illness we have suffered.

however
if we keep Faz and Joel fit in the 2nd row with Isa as back up although we would be weaker i don't think its a position we would suffer in,

the issue will be with all the talk of Bateman being lockers loose forward replacement eventually that we know need to look for another option.

if this ends up being true of course.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

With Powell going well at 9 why not replace Lockers with MM
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Going via Leigh, I hear, till the end of this season.
markill

Post by markill »

bill.inger wrote:Going via Leigh, I hear, till the end of this season.
What a waste that would be.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It will be a great shame but it's looking more and more likely. If it's the correct decision and he has to go we really must get lots of cash (and spend it on a player) or a player swap as part of the deal. He absolutely mustn't be allowed to go to Leeds as suggested by today's rugby press.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

What a disaster!
Our POY by a mile and the possibility he may be leaving.
I do hope the investigation can be concluded with him remaining at Wigan.

We don't know the details of what went on but I do trust the club to make the correct decision in the end, whatever that may be.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

As time has moved on and the clubs silenece defening i really think we have seen the last of him in a Wigan shirt,i know about his daughter but the sheer ammount of money on offer in the NRL makes sense at some point for him to go,i never really thought he would see the new contract out with Wigan,its length was surely to give the club some sort of fee.

If he does go it'll be a shame under the cloud isnt the best way to leave but i just cant see a way back,and hey to me thats cool the players come and go but the club will always be there and no player is ever bigger than the club.
Followthategg

JB on his way

Post by Followthategg »

Bateman to leave..... before NRL move :sly: Wigan need to look after good players as did Leeds
Kittwazzer

Re: JB on his way

Post by Kittwazzer »

Followthategg wrote:Bateman to leave..... before NRL move :sly: Wigan need to look after good players as did Leeds
I guess that settles it then.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!