So proud......

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

So proud......

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

....of every single player tonight, what a shift!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Re: So proud......

Post by Kittwazzer »

Can't disagree with that. I can only recall 2 errors. Crosby and Tierney. Probably our best defensive effort all season

And what a debut for young Jake Shorrocks!
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

Its a pity Wigan had all those players missing tonight or they would have put 40 to 50 on Widnes,the young lads played well tonight.
TrueBlueWarrior

I thought Charnley was absolutely immense tonight!!

Just a side note, I am very critical of referees in general but the young crop coming through are filling me with confidence for the future!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Our defence was not that great for most of the game, they made a number of brakes and it was only the finishing touch that stopped them from giving us a good hammering, some would say they were very unlucky and Wigan were the luckiest of teams.

Our attack was lacklustre yet again and yes the best team lost.

Its noted we didn't have our first team out and the young guy who came in had a very good game considering everything that was happening around him...May he progress.

TrueBlueWarrior

Wigan Watcher wrote:Our defence was not that great for most of the game, they made a number of brakes and it was only the finishing touch that stopped them from giving us a good hammering, some would say they were very unlucky and Wigan were the luckiest of teams.

Its noted we didn't have our first team out and the young guy who came in had a very good game considering everything that was happening around him...May he progress.
I am very rarely lost for words, on this occasion I am!!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I thought Charnley was absolutely immense tonight!!

Just a side note, I am very critical of referees in general but the young crop coming through are filling me with confidence for the future!
Agree wholeheartedly with both parts.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Charnley and Gildart brilliant. More to the point who has kidnapped the real Lee Mossop and replaced him with a clone taken from him 3 yrs ago?
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Our defence was not that great for most of the game, they made a number of brakes and it was only the finishing touch that stopped them from giving us a good hammering, some would say they were very unlucky and Wigan were the luckiest of teams.

Did you watch the game? I was there and I agree our players put in a good shift. You weren't watching a recording were you?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Not a great performance but a fantastic result. We need Sam and George playing next week if we are to have any chance of beating Cas.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards