Brown at centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Re: Brown at centre

Post by warrior till i die »

its wild at centre! Brown stand off. Bit of a strange bench but I am looking forward to see sean gleeson playing.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Bit of a strange bench but I am looking forward to see sean gleeson playing.
Same here. This team looks alright I think. I was quite pleased to see Sculthorpe back in with Seuseu. But maybe I'm just showing bias again cos he's another of my fav players lol. :doz:
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

I really do think that even with some of the normal boys, their game will be raised a little and we will play with a little more...'sting' for lack of a better word. If every player gave that bit more (except maybe radz and tickle who always give 100%), it would be like having a new player! And i agree, cant wait to see sean gleeson! Does anyone have any info on him? Like Weight etc?? Milly did describe him as being a bit light if i Recall...
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

The bench looks really weak.
"He (Gleeson)and Tomkins are on the bench with Hargreaves, we are giving these local lads a go, we see them as long term Wigan players."
This is just management speak.It covers Millward for every eventuality that may happen to the juniors.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
The bench looks really weak.
"He (Gleeson)and Tomkins are on the bench with Hargreaves, we are giving these local lads a go, we see them as long term Wigan players."
This is just management speak.It covers Millward for every eventuality that may happen to the juniors.
Also, looks like he has dismissed big Mac but more importantly, I think the starting of Sculthorpe is significant. His future may well be on the line here. I don't see his inclusion in the starting line up as a vote of confidence, but more of a "show us what you've got or else" scenario. I agree with this - Sculthorpe has been given far too easy a ride and should either shape up or ship out.

ML is down under just waiting to hear from Millie what his requirements are (one prop or two?)!!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

jj posted;
starting of Sculthorpe is significant. His future may well be on the line here. I don't see his inclusion in the starting line up as a vote of confidence, but more of a "show us what you've got or else"
Couldn't agree more. He knows all he needs to about McDonkey and the decisions seems to be made about him. He is offering every one the oppurtunity to show him what their made of, including the youngstera, hopefully then the shopping begins!!
SiY

Post by SiY »

Well i'd have Wild over Brown. Many a time ive seen Brown make a half break and take the wrong option of taking the ball inside when Dallas is open. Wild is bigger, stronger, makes less mistakes and can tackle (not to say the Brown can't). I'd put him on the bench because you never know who might get injured next..Rads (he has played that before)...Orr....Wild/Aspy. He is an average player who can play many roles. Stick him on the bench.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

The problem with brown is if he makes a break hes more likely to try and go himself than give it to dallas, and usually chooses the wrong situations to offload in. I think wild playing in the centres is better than brown but i'd still love to see an actual centre playing there.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

But Brown makes more breaks than Wild, even if many of them do come to nothing.
It's academic now anyway, with Orr still injured.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

?