Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Post by josie andrews »

The UK has voted by 52% to 48% to leave the European Union after 43 years in an historic referendum.

London and Scotland voted strongly to stay in the EU but the remain vote has been undermined by poor results in the north of England.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage hailed the result as the UK's "independence day".
The pound fell to its lowest level against the dollar since 1985 as the markets reacted to the results.

The referendum turnout was 71.8% - with more than 30 million people voting - the highest turnout at a UK election since 1992.

Wales and the majority of England outside London voted in large numbers for Brexit.
Labour's Shadow chancellor John McDonnell said the Bank of England may have to intervene to shore up the pound, which lost 3% within moments of the first result showing a strong result for Leave in Sunderland and fell as much as 6.5% against the euro.

'Independence day'

UKIP leader Nigel Farage - who has campaigned for the past 20 years for Britain to leave the EU - told cheering supporters "this will be a victory for ordinary people, for decent people".

Mr Farage - who predicted a Remain win at the start of the night after polls suggested that would happen - said Thursday 23 June would "go down in history as our independence day".

He called on Prime Minister David Cameron, who called the referendum but campaigned passionately for a Remain vote, to quit "immediately".

(Can't get the link from the BBC news, sorry)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Post by medlocke »

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Those who voted leave have just wrecked the country.

I make no apology for saying this, but fools the lot of you.

As predicted the £ has crashed and so you are all worse off by over 10% and still counting counting and this is just the start, one of many economic downsides to come.

Telegraph is predicting the worst ever fall in the UK stock market.

And what for? Because some people are bothered about the Polish man in the pub.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Shut up Dave, jesus, you lost, deal with it, or are you only bothered about your own property values dropping, like the majority of other Bremainers, only bothered about yourself, as for the pound it WILL rise again. Oh and by the way, i am friends with many Polish people, my doctor is Nigerian, my cardiologist is Egyptian the end, ps if we had lost we wouldn't have moaned on as much as you are probably going to do
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

16million people sidelined.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:Those who voted leave have just wrecked the country.

As predicted the £ has crashed and so you are all worse off by over 10% and still counting counting and this is just the start, one of many economic downsides to come.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion/vote without being labelled a fool in your opinion.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I'm with you Dave this is a vote that's been done on emotion rather than sense and will plunge the uk into dark times. Already the lies are unfolding the 350 mil extra for the nhs oh yeah didn't exist and that's the tip of the iceberg

The under 30s have voted to remain and had their future destroyed by the people who will not even see out how bad a choice this is
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Mike wrote:16million people sidelined.
True, the minority have been sidelined.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:Shut up Dave, jesus, you lost, deal with it, or are you only bothered about your own property values dropping, like the majority of other Bremainers, only bothered about yourself, as for the pound it WILL rise again. Oh and by the way, i am friends with many Polish people, my doctor is Nigerian, my cardiologist is Egyptian the end, ps if we had lost we wouldn't have moaned on as much as you are probably going to do
I won't be shutting up. I am going to be telling you "I told you so" for years to come. You and those who have voted like you have wrecked the coujnry for generations.

It's also bloody obvious many have voted to leave based immigration when it is just not the cause of this countries problems.

I don't give a stuff about the value of my property. It's something I live in not speculate on. I have never understood the obsession some people have had with property values as if you sell you have to buy another! I am also not one of those daft enough to take out a 2nd mortgage based on its value who are now facing negative equity and I'll manage to pay the mortgage even if interests rates rise as predicted.

But it's not about me. I just read something suggesting the way the vote has gone across the country shows those in economically deprived areas have voted leave in a big majority. A backlash to the current state of their communities where arguing an economic crash will occur cut no ice because they are screwed anyway. Just WTF do they expect to change?

If it is such a backlash, what is going to happen when those who did the backlashing realise their lot is not only not going to change but will actually, now, get worse?

Cameroon has just resigned. Those areas, including Wigan, can look forward to more cuts and an underfunded if not complete sold off NHS as an even more right wing Tory government takes over and the economy tanks.

Turkey's just voted for Christmas.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:Those who voted leave have just wrecked the country.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion/vote without being labelled a fool in your opinion.
This is not a debate about Wane as coach. I believe anyone who has voted to leave has been very foolish. None of what they expect to happen for the good will happen. It will be the opposite.