Panchitta Marra

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

Panchitta Marra

Post by medlocke »

What's the best chippy up your way? we stopped off at Crosbys on the way home from Workington last week, i was shocked at how shite and expensive the fish and chips where, what's happened, it used to be one of the best chippys up there, also, there used to be a decent one up Kells, is it still there? and is it any good these days, cheers
Panchitta Marra

Re: Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:What's the best chippy up your way? we stopped off at Crosbys on the way home from Workington last week, i was shocked at how shite and expensive the fish and chips where, what's happened, it used to be one of the best chippys up there, also, there used to be a decent one up Kells, is it still there? and is it any good these days, cheers
I go to Kowloon in Seaton meds, it's the village I live in, the Chinese food is good and so are the fish and chips.
Seaton is a mile from Workington and Kowloon is in the middle of the village by the shops, next to the metal bridges.
Are you staying anywhere near or just passing through?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:What's the best chippy up your way? we stopped off at Crosbys on the way home from Workington last week, i was shocked at how shite and expensive the fish and chips where, what's happened, it used to be one of the best chippys up there, also, there used to be a decent one up Kells, is it still there? and is it any good these days, cheers
I go to Kowloon in Seaton meds, it's the village I live in, the Chinese food is good and so are the fish and chips.
Seaton is a mile from Workington and Kowloon is in the middle of the village by the shops, next to the metal bridges.
Think i know where you mean, is there a spar garage just up the road from it?. Was just up there for the morning, our mam where taking something back to shop, so had a run out with her, made a change to the morning tv lol
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Now THIS is the kind of thread I want to read. Let's keep our priorities in perspective! :lol:
Panchitta Marra

medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Think i know where you mean, is there a spar garage just up the road from it?. Was just up there for the morning, our mam where taking something back to shop, so had a run out with her, made a change to the morning tv lol
That's the one meds, if your passing again kowloon won't dissapointed.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: I go to Kowloon in Seaton meds, it's the village I live in, the Chinese food is good and so are the fish and chips.
That's the one meds, if your passing again kowloon won't dissapointed.
Will keep it in mind for next time i'm that way, cheers PM
BriH

Post by BriH »

Crosbys in Whitehaven Marra? They used to do a Shark and Six!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

BriH wrote:

Crosbys in Whitehaven Marra? They used to do a Shark and Six!!
you'd be shocked at the quality these days, the chips where dripping in grease, the fish was dry and the batter was easily 6mm thick and hard, it was totally tasteles, we got 2 two portions and it was £12 can get 2 in Millom for £9, won't be going there again
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

There's a gud un in the centre of Keswick and the one in silloth used to be awesome
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Panchitta Marra

Firestarter wrote:There's a gud un in the centre of Keswick and the one in silloth used to be awesome
The Old Keswickian has a good reputation and is usually full when you walk past. If anyone likes Thai food and in Keswick the Shemara Guest House is Thai based and top grub.
Not too sure on the fish shop in silloth though.