potential new siging

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
aspy

potential new siging

Post by aspy »

:) dont know if this as already been posted so sorry if it has but read this link.millward linked to kiwi prop. He is from newzealand warriors.
http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/sport ... _kiwi.html
ChrisA

Re: potential new siging

Post by ChrisA »

From what I have seen, hes big and very mobile and hits the ball up as hard as anyone, hes only 23 I think and hes around the 6ft1 17stone mark.

Also says in that article that we may go after Long, he would be a good signing, he plays well for Millward, hes a Wigan lad I think, he never asked to leave us he was pushed out in a swap deal for Lee Hansen, then when Goulding got injured for St Helens Siants paid £80,000 for him to Widnes.
Long could be just what we need, hes explosive and creative around the ruck area and has good pace, love him or hate him(most on here will hate him) for the things hes done in the past, hes still a quality player.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ChrisA posted:
Also says in that article that we may go after Long,
I don't like him, never have and never will. I'm hoping that this article is the usual inaccurate nonsense the Manchester Evening News prints nearly every day. Don't know how it can call itself a newspaper, it contains about as much factual news as the Daily Sport. Not that I read the Sport. Thinking about it, no-one reads the Sport, they only look at the pictures...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
ChrisA posted:
Also says in that article that we may go after Long,
I don't like him, never have and never will. I'm hoping that this article is the usual inaccurate nonsense the Manchester Evening News prints nearly every day. Don't know how it can call itself a newspaper, it contains about as much factual news as the Daily Sport. Not that I read the Sport. Thinking about it, no-one reads the Sport, they only look at the pictures...
:lol:
Fraggle that was very funny seeing you backtrack when you incriminated yourself!! Go on! Out yorself! Admit you are a Sport reader! :lol:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Long could be just what we need
I think he is way, way past his best and sliding down the list of SL 1/2's.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:
Long could be just what we need
I think he is way, way past his best and sliding down the list of SL 1/2's.
My thoughts exactly. I'd sooner stick with Moran than go for Long.

Millward said he doesn't want to be labelled as a coach who can only win by bringing certain players in along with him from his former club.

Well if he brought Long in then he would run the risk of that label sticking. I also don't think you would see many tears from Saints fans if Long left. He has been good for them over the years but he ison the decline IMO.

Dave
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

Depending on the bookie's odds ,could be worth a bet though,eh sean!!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Fraggle that was very funny seeing you backtrack when you incriminated yourself!! Go on! Out yorself! Admit you are a Sport reader! :lol:
No, honestly I don't stoop that far but nearly 20 years ago when I did a paper round there were a few people who wanted it delivering so I confess I had a look from time-to-time (back in the "Elvis is alive and living on the moon" type headlines!).

I'm a committed (commitable?) Daily Star reader, it's not a great deal better but concentrates on so-called 'celebrities' instead of any old slapper who's willing to strip off for their 2 mili-seconds of black-and-white fame. I don't watch tv or know who most of these celebs are but at least I'm able to engage in some conversation about popular culture with colleagues at work. It's difficult having a discussion sometimes when you're the only person who doesn't watch Coronation Street.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
I'm a committed (commitable?) Daily Star reader,
Funny, I always thought of you as more of a "Grauniad" type. :wink:
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

The Rhino (Iafeta), or as the Kiwi commentators like to call him, Mr Effective, is an extremely tough and devastating player. If you're looking for hard runners he's your man.

Really not sure why Warriors are underperforming with the players they have.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!