potential new siging

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SiY

Re: potential new siging

Post by SiY »

Why would wigan buy sean long when we have got Moran this season? I could understand if we still had Lam and he was planning to retire..but not when we have just bought Moran. I think its all romours. I wouldn't mind Scully coming and playing Loose Forward but we have lockers and he is the better choice. I don't think we should buy either scully or long because we have those positions filled. I wouldn't like any of the Saints players to come. The only one i'd want is Albert but the quota is filled. :(
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I agree about Long - way past his best and only heading one way now. Also, If anyone can rediscover the "London" Moran it is Millward.

A word of warning about Lockers though (and Hock too). Medical procedures have certainly advanced and injuries that would spell the end of a career are very effectively treated these days. However, we would be wise not to count our chickens just yet - both have suffered massive injuries. Obviously, their recovery (in terms of will they play again) is not in question, but will they achieve the heights expected?

IMO if both return and play for the rest of their careers at last years level that will not be good enough - the reason we are all excited by both players was their potential for the future, not their achievements so far.

Remember Simon Haughton!!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I agree about Long - way past his best and only heading one way now. Also, If anyone can rediscover the "London" Moran it is Millward.

A word of warning about Lockers though (and Hock too). Medical procedures have certainly advanced and injuries that would spell the end of a career are very effectively treated these days. However, we would be wise not to count our chickens just yet - both have suffered massive injuries. Obviously, their recovery (in terms of will they play again) is not in question, but will they achieve the heights expected?

IMO if both return and play for the rest of their careers at last years level that will not be good enough - the reason we are all excited by both players was their potential for the future, not their achievements so far.

Remember Simon Haughton!!
Gareth hock is on a 1 year contract which expires at the end of this season.

I think hock may well be released as two players comming back from such long injuries is a big risk.

Maybe that is another reason why we are looking to bring in so many back row forwards.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Got to disagree, i dont think we'll let hock go, but i cant see us tying up his long term future, maybe another 1 or 2 year deal?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
Got to disagree, i dont think we'll let hock go, but i cant see us tying up his long term future, maybe another 1 or 2 year deal?
got to0 give hock a deal he was grat b4 his injury :eh:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

yeah but players sometimes have difficulty living up to that form after their injury, so theres no point signing him if hes not going to progress to be any better than he was
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3