C,mon Wales!!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
BriH

C,mon Wales!!

Post by BriH »

& Iceland!

Not a footy man, but Wales played brilliantly last night v Belgium who are ranked No2.
They - Wales - have something that England were lacking: they play as a team and their self belief is visible.
Because I have a Welsh name (although I have Irish roots) I'm now an Honorary Welshman :) :)
Dream Final? Wales v Iceland.
Wandering Warrior

Re: C,mon Wales!!

Post by Wandering Warrior »

One dream down, one to go! :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
BriH

Post by BriH »

Oh well, it was great while it lasted!

I suppose I will have to support Deutschland now. Don't care to much for Les Froggies any way, especially when the Mayor of Calais is demanding that the French border starts at the Dover end of the Channel Tunnel!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

BriH wrote:Oh well, it was great while it lasted!

I suppose I will have to support Deutschland now. Don't care to much for Les Froggies any way, especially when the Mayor of Calais is demanding that the French border starts at the Dover end of the Channel Tunnel!!
Not even when the French faught with us in the form of the free French Army and Air Force against Germany. Not to mention their Resistance movement helping the Normandy invasion by cutting down telephone lines, blowing up railway lines etc to help the allies.

By supporting Deuschland, we now know where your loyalities lie.

Oh and by the way, the French border has been at our end of the tunnel which is actually near Folkstone and also Dover Seaport for some while and our borders are at the French end which you would know if you had travelled by ferry or train.

Amazes me how many of those who voted to stay in Europe know so little about it, except of course the usual holiday haunts on the coast.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:

I suppose I will have to support Deutschland now. Don't care to much for Les Froggies any way, especially when the Mayor of Calais is demanding that the French border starts at the Dover end of the Channel Tunnel! *

Not even when the French faught **with us in the form of the free French Army and Air Force against Germany. Not to mention their Resistance movement helping the Normandy invasion by cutting down telephone lines, blowing up railway lines etc to help the allies.

By supporting Deuschland, we now know where your loyalities lie.***

Oh and by the way, the French border has been at our end of the tunnel which is actually near Folkstone and also Dover Seaport for some while and our borders are at the French end which you would know if you had travelled by ferry or train.

Amazes me how many of those who voted to stay in Europe know so little about it, except of course the usual holiday haunts on the coast.
* First, I fixed your quote!

** Second, It is fought not faught

*** Third, when England were in the competition Bri supported England.

When England were knocked out Bri supported the next British Principality, ie Wales, that was still in the competition.

There are no home nations left involved in this competition now!!

It only makes sense that, as BriH lives, & has done for many years BTW, in Germany, he supports the country he resides in!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

I suppose I will have to support Deutschland now. Don't care to much for Les Froggies any way, especially when the Mayor of Calais is demanding that the French border starts at the Dover end of the Channel Tunnel! *

Not even when the French faught **with us in the form of the free French Army and Air Force against Germany. Not to mention their Resistance movement helping the Normandy invasion by cutting down telephone lines, blowing up railway lines etc to help the allies.

When England were knocked out Bri supported the next British Principality, ie Wales, that was still in the competition.

It only makes sense that, as BriH lives, & has done for many years BTW, in Germany, he supports the country he resides in!
So do we take it that you think he is right to make comments about our wartime French allies being Frogs then.

p.s. and have you never put your finger on the wrong key when spelling a word.

BriH

Post by BriH »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

So do we take it that you think he is right to make comments about our wartime French allies being Frogs then.

p.s. and have you never put your finger on the wrong key when spelling a word.
He whoever he is was making with the joke. Oh and uncle was in Bomber Command DFC and my other Uncle was in the Royal Navy