Cleckheaton Bakery

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

Cleckheaton Bakery

Post by medlocke »

I'm trying to find the name of a bakery in Cleckheaton that bake these huge delicious pork pies, i always used to get 2 at christmas and easter from a workmates brother who'd nip there from Heckmondwike before visiting, these pies where around 7" wide and 4" deep (maybe bigger), from what i can remember the bags they came in had an old fashioned shop front printed on them, if any one could help it would be a bonus, i am craving one as it's been 11 year since i've fettled one :conf: :lol:
The booze hound

Re: Cleckheaton Bakery

Post by The booze hound »

medlocke wrote:I'm trying to find the name of a bakery in Cleckheaton that bake these huge delicious pork pies, i always used to get 2 at christmas and easter from a workmates brother who'd nip there from Heckmondwike before visiting, these pies where around 7" wide and 4" deep (maybe bigger), from what i can remember the bags they came in had an old fashioned shop front printed on them, if any one could help it would be a bonus, i am craving one as it's been 11 year since i've fettled one :conf: :lol:
11 years since you've fettled a 7"? ????
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Dunno about Cleckheaton pork pies but the ones I rate from Yorkshire are made by Stanforths in Skipton. The shop is on a bridge over the canal at the top end of town, opposite the Keep and Church.
I used to pick one up for my baggin' on my way to fishing on the Wharfe then collect some more on the way back for the lads in the pub.
I'm filling up reminiscing.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

thers nowt wrong wit Pooles pies
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

OAMJSON wrote:thers nowt wrong wit Pooles pies
Yes there is they are garbage. The old Pooles pies where the real deal these ar nothing more than a mass produced cheap mince pastry fill. I used to deal with pooles many moons ago.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I'm not that sure but it could be a butchers that sell them
dontshootthemessenger

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

dontshootthemes​senger​ wrote:http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n ... Pie_title/

is this the one medlocke ?
no it's not that place, iirc the name was written in olde english style writing
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bumped into my old work mate outside Bargain Booze and he said it was called Metcalfes, i am both happy and sad, happy that i know the name sad that they charge £9 for delivery, heres link if anybody interested http://www.metcalfes-butchers.co.uk/
dontshootthemessenger

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

£ 180 for the pork pie wedding cake !

http://www.metcalfes-butchers.co.uk/wedding-pies-1/