Re: Bentham

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

He has made some awful decisions on a par with Hicks if not worse and get what, coincidently most have been against us!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

First half he gave them that try goes to the screen its over ruled on basis Amor is off side.

But still would hide the fact we are crap and have been most games this season won quite a few in the last minutes but we have sored almost less tries than Leeds. Something needs addressing by IL at the end of this season and it should be a new coach at least.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sorry but we need a constructive coach, we cannot with all our best
players create an overlap or a try from a set piece.

Its just back to the Noble days of passing along the line, we deserve better than this years displays.

We never scooted from the play the ball down the side, and all off loading of the ball seems to have been banned.

We are just a Boring side to watch. :sly:
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Bentham was inadequate - arguably we were worse.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The offside was obvious and so the ref not going to the screen was at fault.

All the other dubious decisions are just par for the course. Lots of forward passes. Aren't there lots of forward passes in every game?

Lots of offside? Ditto.

Inconsistency from one game to another? What is new?

The real problem is we gave him every opportunity to ping us for a penalty or a knock on by being useless and he did just that. Virtually all Saints field position from which they scored were a result of penalties conceded by Wigan.

jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

So the referee was bad that is not in dispute but how bad were the team if they played until midnight they would not have scored. Passing the ball across field without beating a man and hoping to create overlap that is Wayne's tactics we need a plan B. Think the forwards outplayed Saints but the backs were woeful.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jaws1 wrote:So the referee was bad that is not in dispute but how bad were the team if they played until midnight they would not have scored. Passing the ball across field without beating a man and hoping to create overlap that is Wayne's tactics we need a plan B. Think the forwards outplayed Saints but the backs were woeful.
We were p poor, our creativity is nil.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Next week's result matters more to me than this one, and if we play to the same quality then, like we did last night I'll be very disappointed.
Sometimes facing a team one week before a match like a challenge cup semi final is the best time to play them.
Did Wane look overly disappointed in his after match chat, I wasn't so sure.
If we get things right this coming Saturday and reach Wembley again, I'll be a happy camper.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Next week's result matters more to me than this one, and if we play to the same quality then, like we did last night I'll be very disappointed.
Sometimes facing a team one week before a match like a challenge cup semi final is the best time to play them.
Did Wane look overly disappointed in his after match chat, I wasn't so sure.
If we get things right this coming Saturday and reach Wembley again, I'll be a happy camper.
Friday :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Warrior1872

Post by Warrior1872 »

Normally gets most things right however to not go to the screen for the Amor offside is a proper brainfart