Desperate for a playmaker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Desperate for a playmaker

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

When are the club going to resolve this major problem?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
nathan_rugby

Re: Desperate for a playmaker

Post by nathan_rugby »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:When are the club going to resolve this major problem?
They already did and signed Tommy L, who himself isn't very creative.

He is either going to be back up to George and Smith or will be starting 7 if any of the Smith rumours are true.

Either way, we still have two scrum halves in our team which is killing us. George really isn't fulfilling his potential in this team.

Hampshire will also be off at the end of the season.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Exactly what I said a while ago.

We have not got a proper playmaker Stand Off.

By that, I make no criticism of Williams who as far as I am concerned is a Scrum Half playing at Stand Off to accommodate another Scrum Half in Smith.

When we get around the 20 meter line we are clueless and repetitive in everything we do as shown in lasts nights game.
PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

Spot on! We haven't had a clue once we're inside the 20 all season. Who is doing the attacking coaching for this team these days? We are so easy to defend against and we never try anything different. No wonder we've scored so few points all season. For the players we've got (even allowing for all of the injuries) we should be a much more potent attacking force. It is the lack of a cutting edge that will stop us from fulfilling our potential this year.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

PAB721 wrote:Spot on! We haven't had a clue once we're inside the 20 all season. Who is doing the attacking coaching for this team these days? We are so easy to defend against and we never try anything different. No wonder we've scored so few points all season. For the players we've got (even allowing for all of the injuries) we should be a much more potent attacking force. It is the lack of a cutting edge that will stop us from fulfilling our potential this year.
It was exactly the same last year.

Wane said in the off season he identified a few things to sort out our attack and it hasn't happened.

No matter what team we put out this year, consistent, entertaining and expansive rugby by Wigan will not be seen.

Not under Wane.

It is all well and good getting to finals and finishing high up the table, but fans want to be entertained.

It reminds me of when Chelsea used to win the Premier League by winning 1-0 all of the time and playing very safe and defensive football. It was just so boring to watch it cant have been worth the title.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
phild1

Post by phild1 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:When are the club going to resolve this major problem?
== phild==clueless and boring rugby from Wigan.hope I'm proved wrong but I can't see them winning anything this season.major overhaul required.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Get a proper playmaker Stand Off and appoint a new Assistant Coach like we had in Harris and Deacon to coach the backs.

Our backs have been nowhere as good since Deakin left!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Get a proper playmaker Stand Off and appoint a new Assistant Coach like we had in Harris and Deacon to coach the backs.

Our backs have been nowhere as good since Deakin left!
Isn't that Tommy L?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

To crack open a safe ([defence) one needs a master locksmith (playmaker) not one having basic DIY skills with a battery drill in hand (most of the Wigan attack)

Its a poor league (just look where Huddersfield, Stains & Leeds for example are in it position wise). Most likely we will end up in the lofty heights of third, says it all really doesn't it (?)how poor the league is from what I have watched us play this season ! aka "Snakes & Ladders" performances

Raincheck: If our players CONSTANTLY get less than 7 out of 10 most matches should they be adding to the DW's shirt laundry bill ?
average noun definition - amount to or achieve as an average rate over a period of time;----Pick your players please against this then...

A&L (just like Belfast!)