Hit and run

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior1872

Hit and run

Post by Warrior1872 »

After last nights game we were walking back to the car which we park on the soccerdome as we were walking we saw a small crowd of people who were stood around a saints fan on the floor i thought someone must have hit him(punch),however he was the victim of a hit and run driver who had come from the car park that is around the s-bend behind the east stand this had to have been a Wigan fan as its a members only carpark,or used to be and i was hoping that someone would know as to his welfare(i am a wigan fan)
josie andrews

Re: Hit and run

Post by josie andrews »

My niece told me about there being someone in the road & people directing traffic but thought some had collapsed!

If that is the case of what happened I'm sure there are security cameras that can get the culprit

Terrible, hope the person is okay!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I d not think it was a case of oh lets hit the Saints fan. Exxit from every car park is crazy at all games, the bigger the crowd the worse it is. Often people are simply thinking lets get away ASAP, still messing with seat belts, little control over their vehicle and no regard for anyone. I am only shocked there are not more bumps between cars and more pedestrians hit. You are better either leaving before the hooter or well after.
Warrior1872

Post by Warrior1872 »

Seat belt on or not thats not the issue,you put that on before you set off,if you have nowt to hide you stop after an accident
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A big if but half the people rushing off in their cars at full time might no even know they have caught somebody unless it was blatantly obvious. Next time to come off just take a note of how much stupidit goes on getting off the car park; it is as if people have removed their brain until they get on the main road either the roundabout at one end or the traffic lights at the other.

Worse as you hint, maybe somebody should not have even been driving.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Whilst not attempting to predetermine exactly what has happened or that there was any intended malice, it is a FACT that a great deal of people nowadays simply do not look before crossing a road or simply believe that any motor vehicle MUST stop for them as they wander (usually whilst on a phone) across a highway

Hope whoever it was is "ok" as I have been the victim of a hit and run myself that left me with serious facial injuries years ago. It was my fault I suppose, but still the driver left without an instinct to see if they had left me alive
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The partner of the person involved has written on the Saints site and said he's okay apart from a sore rib. She said that she couldn't thank the staff of the Soccerdome or thank the stewards enough. She wasn't aware the road was only one way traffic in both lanes after matches.

The bloke was walking in front of the car with his hands up, telling him to stop moving. His wife was shouting at the driver through the window. It was allegedly only doing around a couple of miles an hour. He got nudged from the side of the car and fell over.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Warrior1872

Post by Warrior1872 »

Thanks josie
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Warrior1872 wrote:Thanks josie
I put it out on FB & those were the replies I got. :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

All sounds very bizarre. Why be in the road, how will 2mph hurt you seriously? we will never know if the person dhould have sopped or though it was somebody being stupid. I have an issue with peopl taking to a frum almost afterwards.