Koukash future in the balance

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Koukash future in the balance

Post by josie andrews »

The Kuwaiti businessman took over the Red Devils in 2013 in the hope of turning them into one of Super League's biggest teams, splashing the cash on several big-name players.

However, Koukash has often fallen foul of the Rugby Football League's financial guidelines and Salford were deducted six points this season after being found guilty of breaching salary cap regulations. Koukash has protested the club's innocence and has called on the owners of the other Super League sides to break away from the RFL, albeit with little success.

The 57-year-old is now considering his involvement with Salford carefully, especially after the RFL's points deduction left the club in the wrong half of the table, meaning they could be relegated in the upcoming Qualifiers.

Koukash claims he does not want to sell Salford, instead planning to turn the club over to the fans, but says he could take a backward step from the running of the north-west outfit after a difficult time.

"The immediate future is we just need to concentrate on ensuring we've got Super League status," he told the BBC.

"As for me, I'm absolutely tired physically, mentally and emotionally and I just want to wait until the end of the year. "My family suffered recently and I just need that time to think it over. I'll decide at the end of the season what I will do."

https://www.clubcall.com/rugby-league/k ... 15838.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Koukash future in the balance

Post by Caboosegg »

be disappointing to see him go as its potentially the death of salford RLFC.

but the RFL shown there hand here, they are so scared of change or innovation that they have gone after the doctor were ever they can.

yes hes gone about stuff the wrong way, but i doubt he is the only club fudging the salary cap.

id also be concerned seeing how the rfl dealt with him that it may be offputting to any future investors.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Caboosegg wrote:be disappointing to see him go as its potentially the death of salford RLFC.

but the RFL shown there hand here, they are so scared of change or innovation that they have gone after the doctor were ever they can.

yes hes gone about stuff the wrong way, but i doubt he is the only club fudging the salary cap.

id also be concerned seeing how the rfl dealt with him that it may be offputting to any future investors.
Other clubs have had points deductions but the Directors/Owners have not walked away and from what I have seen never had a effect on investors.

He is only showing that if he cannot do as he wants, he will take his ball home.

And the Salford club will not die because of him going, but more so because of the lack of support in football mad Salford and the position of the Stadium.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Is the Dr walks away, he will not sell the club but give it to the fans.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:be disappointing to see him go as its potentially the death of salford RLFC.

Other clubs have had points deductions but the Directors/Owners have not walked away and from what I have seen never had a effect on investors.

The whole area around the stadium is due for major development over the next few years with plans for at least 3000 new homes . I hope they dnt go bust

He is only showing that if he cannot do as he wants, he will take his ball home.

And the Salford club will not die because of him going, but more so because of the lack of support in football mad Salford and the position of the Stadium.
There are major plans for development around the stadium area with planning for at least 3000 new homes . I hope they dnt go bust
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Investment is essential in anything that wants to grow.
But its not money that brings success,but success that will bring the money.

Breakaway leagues,i will leave IF,blah,blah,blah.

Personally,im sick of hearing his name for the wrong reasons.Seems to like the sound of his own voice to much.

As for Salford players and staff.I hope they weather it all and continue. Ive enjoyed ther style of rugby this year.

4G

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

cpwigan wrote:Is the Dr walks away, he will not sell the club but give it to the fans.
And if he does it'll be gone within months sadly,he clearly now has pumped so much into the club it can't survive without him.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

A few of my friends have seen him at the last few Leigh matches.
Maybe there's nothing in this or maybe there is
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE