Farrell Fired Up

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Farrell Fired Up

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Farrell ready for Wigan return

Second-row expected to play after four month absence

Wigan face Castleford Tigers at the Jungle on Friday 12th August, 8pm kick-off.

Wigan and England second-row forward Liam Farrell says he is raring to go ahead of his impending return.

The 26-year-old is finally available for selection after four months on the sideline with a rib injury.

Having not played since the game against Warrington at the start of April, Farrell says he is ready to go:

“It’s been a little bit frustrating but I’ve had a couple of weeks of training with the team and getting back out there and doing a bit with them so it’s been good.

“It was tough early on but I’ve also had Micky Mac in there and Tony Clubb so it’s been alright in that sense to have other players around me who have been in the same situation.

“I’m probably quite similar to the rest of the lads, I just want to play and get out there but yeah I’ve probably not been the best person to be around especially in the first few months but things have got better, once I had the operation done things got a lot easier for me.

“At first I couldn’t really see when I was going to be coming back and playing but after the op I knew it would six to eight weeks and thankfully I’m at the end of it now.”

Farrell makes his return at Castleford tomorrow evening and the Tigers looked impressive in their 30-16 win over Hull last weekend.

“I’ve seen some clips from their win over Hull and that will give them a massive confidence boost,” he said.

“They needed to start the Super 8s well to give themselves a chance of being in the top four and they’ve done that and they’re going to want to win their next few games but we want to go there and do a job. Every time we go to Cas we know it’s a tough slog and it’s going to be exactly the same again and we’ll have to be on our game.”

The Tigers look refreshed after the return of Rangi Chase, a player Farrell knows a lot about.

“You see that he’s able to do those unpredictable things but what you don’t see is that he’s a really good organiser too.” Farrell said.

“He can get the team going quite well and all of those little things, he’s really good at that. I’ve trained alongside him (for England) and he’s a good player and I think he’ll be on his game this weekend so we need to try and stop him.”

Wigan head to Castleford on Friday evening for their second Super 8s game. To sync Wigan’s fixtures with your calendar CLICK HERE.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... Ls0Qmxu.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
yokozuna

Re: Farrell Fired Up

Post by yokozuna »

Farrell has been a huge miss. Great to have him back.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Welcome back - always one of our best players.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

With Farrell and Bateman out we have done quite well with Willie Isa providing a high work ethic as cover. The difference in attributes will tell though once Farrell regains full fitness alongside Bateman

I think we will do well to see him get back to where he was pre-injury this year as it was a bad one
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!