Positive thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Positive thread

Post by morley pie eater »

What are the chances of a positive thread on here? Let's try...

I think, with Faz & Gels having a game under their belts, we're in with a good chance of beating Saints on Friday. OK form is on their side, but we've seen Wire, Cats, Cas, Hull look unbeatable at times this season, usually for about 8 games or so.

Even if Saints do beat us, we look well set for a top 4 finish. Given a semi-final spot, previous results will count for nothing. And we CAN be the form team in late Sept into Oct.

Wishful thinking? Course it is - isn't that what a supporter is meant to do?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Re: Positive thread

By the way, if you disagree with my positive thinking, feel free to join all the other moaners on the Wane Must Go thread. (Or one of the hundreds of other threads dominated by doom & gloom-mongers.

Please leave this one little corner for anyone who prefers a little more optimism :roll:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think part of the reason the threads are negative because there is a general poor feeling for rugby in general at the moment. Its hard to strike optimism in a sport that is essentially dying. The quality of the league and games has gone dramatically bad and the constant barrage of injuries to all teams is just tiresome.

You rarely get a game now where the commentators don't start with x team has 9-10 first team players injured.

If you want to bear comparison back in 2005 when we had a tremendous raft of injuries (back then is was irregular) we were tonked 70-0 and 75-0 by saints and leeds. Switch to now and we've half a team out all season and in a shot with winning the league

So i think a lot of the frustration against wigan is amplified by the general state of the game, so i think any improvements we make are bitter sweet as overall the sport in this country is nose diving.

To put some optimism out there, we have got the squad capable of winning trophies they just need direction
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Can't argue about state of the game, Wigan Forever. I do disagree that it's dying though.

League has survived against the odds for 121 years. To some extent we did so by stealing players from union & importing from Aus, NZ and S Africa. We are adapting to an existence dependant on us producing our own players & losing some of the best to union or the NRL.

This, and the salary cap, affect standards at the top. We all have our ideas about how to deal with the current situation and there are no easy or instant fixes. Meanwhile there are trophies to be won, Saints to be beaten, and I for one am not going to join the downward spiral of negativity. C'mon you Wigan!!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The season ends on Saturday 8 October.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

morley pie eater wrote:What are the chances of a positive thread on here? Let's try...

I think, with Faz & Gels having a game under their belts, we're in with a good chance of beating Saints on Friday. OK form is on their side, but we've seen Wire, Cats, Cas, Hull look unbeatable at times this season, usually for about 8 games or so.

Even if Saints do beat us, we look well set for a top 4 finish. Given a semi-final spot, previous results will count for nothing. And we CAN be the form team in late Sept into Oct.

Same chance as us having an entreating team.
morley pie eater

Somebody didn't read the title. Not satisfied unless every thread is doom & gloom. Makes me support assisted suicide.

Wigan v Saints in less than 5 days. I for one believe we'll win. Our spirit - playing with injuries, top players missing etc - has been unbelievable this year. Add 20℅ to that cos it's a Saints match. We'll find a way to win!!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

thegimble wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:What are the chances of a positive thread on here? Let's try...

Do you mean entertaining or am i missing something?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fujiman wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Yup just like my typing when tired.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Fujiman wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Too many spell checkers on this site????????