Make People Proud

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Make People Proud

Post by Owd Codger »

I am more incline to think that a great deal of our problems may lie more with IL rather than SW.

Especially where the finance for signing better experience players is concerned.

Administration, commercial, coaching and background staff seems to be more of a priority judging by the numbers on the club website.

It may be more of a business now, but surely not at the expense of the first team squad!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:I am more incline to think that a great deal of our problems may lie more with IL rather than SW.

Especially where the finance for signing better experience players is concerned.

Administration, commercial, coaching and background staff seems to be more of a priority judging by the numbers on the club website.

It may be more of a business now, but surely not at the expense of the first team squad!
That is one of the great mysteries who is pulling the strings re: signings - its easy to assume its IL because at the end of the day he holds the purse strings but on the flip side can you see SW listening to anyone?

IMO they are probably 50/50 IL likes things cheap and SW ego tells him he can turn coal into diamonds so he goes along with it
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Hattster wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Sport is about both winning and entertaining. If the league was good enough you wouldn't be able to win without entertaining
Sorry I disagree! At elite level, sport is about winning, if you can win and entertain at the same time great but you ask any elite level sportsperson what is their priority, it's winning not entertaining!!

Would you prefer winning games consistently with a low points average and 2-3 trophies a year or smashing teams regularly scoring loads of points with entertaining rugby but losing when it really matters and winning nothing? No brainer for me!!

I agree I want to be entertained but I want to win more!!

Ask Usain Bolt, does he want to win just the 100m whilst laughing across the line but lose the 200m or does he want to just win the 100m without smiling and win the 200m? Again no brainer, all about WINNING!!
Your speaking from a players point of view whereas we are speaking as fans.
So you don't want to win things then as a fan?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I would put winning before entertainment every Time. But that does not mean I don't want to be entertained. Just don't like losing.
TrueBlueWarrior

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:I would put winning before entertainment every Time. But that does not mean I don't want to be entertained. Just don't like losing.
Which is exactly what I said, the players/coaches are responsible for our entertainment levels as fans but their priority is winning not entertaining, that comes 2nd!! In an ideal world we win and are entertained but like you winning has to come first for me as I would gladly be entertained by a trophy right throughout off season far more than a couple of wonderful tries in a GF loss!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
keptinthedarkfans

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:I would put winning before entertainment every Time. But that does not mean I don't want to be entertained. Just don't like losing.
Which is exactly what I said, the players/coaches are responsible for our entertainment levels as fans but their priority is winning not entertaining, that comes 2nd!! In an ideal world we win and are entertained but like you winning has to come first for me as I would gladly be entertained by a trophy right throughout off season far more than a couple of wonderful tries in a GF loss!!
Would swop places with Wire and Hull next sat at a heartbeat even if it meant we where lucky and garbage getting there.Same goes for tonight Just want them to beat Stains don't care how they play to acheive that.
TrueBlueWarrior

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Would swop places with Wire and Hull next sat at a heartbeat even if it meant we where lucky and garbage getting there.Same goes for tonight Just want them to beat Stains don't care how they play to acheive that.
1-0 Smith DG would suffice!! :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:I am more incline to think that a great deal of our problems may lie more with IL rather than SW.

That is one of the great mysteries who is pulling the strings re: signings - its easy to assume its IL because at the end of the day he holds the purse strings but on the flip side can you see SW listening to anyone?

IMO they are probably 50/50 IL likes things cheap and SW ego tells him he can turn coal into diamonds so he goes along with it
If it's his "boss" he would have to listen or lose his job!

Where do you & others I may add, get that Shaun Wane doesn't listen to anyone, is stubborn & is just downright pig headed??

Do you know the man personally? Or is it your opinion? Or maybe you are swayed by other people's opinions who dislike him just because he is the coach of Wigan & they don't like the way he coaches the team.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

josie andrews wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

Where do you & others I may add, get that Shaun Wane doesn't listen to anyone, is stubborn & is just downright pig headed?? Do you know the man personally? Or is it your opinion? Or maybe you are swayed by other people's opinions who dislike him just because he is the coach of Wigan & they don't like the way he coaches the team.
I know him Josie. He is all those things and more. Yes I do dislike him. But that has nothing to do with his coaching capabilities. He has all the top coaching badges very few can match in sl.But even with them he is totally clueless on organising an attacking team and unwilling to listen or bring someone in who will undermine him. Resulting in the dire attacking structure we have in place now. And will never change under his regime.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: That is one of the great mysteries who is pulling the strings re: signings - its easy to assume its IL because at the end of the day he holds the purse strings but on the flip side can you see SW listening to anyone?

Where do you & others I may add, get that Shaun Wane doesn't listen to anyone, is stubborn & is just downright pig headed?? Do you know the man personally? Or is it your opinion? Or maybe you are swayed by other people's opinions who dislike him just because he is the coach of Wigan & they don't like the way he coaches the team.
I know him Josie. He is all those things and more. Yes I do dislike him. But that has nothing to do with his coaching capabilities. He has all the top coaching badges very few can match in sl.But even with them he is totally clueless on organising an attacking team and unwilling to listen or bring someone in who will undermine him. Resulting in the dire attacking structure we have in place now. And will never change under his regime.
That's all I'm asking Paul cos it seems everyone on here who comments about him know him personally.

I know him & his wife too, I was actually speaking to her on Wednesday, & he's always extremely pleasant, listens & takes note of our comments to him.

So perhaps I know him as different person?

There must be an awful amount of stress being coach of Wigan!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan