Gildart or Sarginson on the wing.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Gildart or Sarginson on the wing.

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I thought the choice was right to put Charnley back to the right wing in Manfredi's absence.
Pre-match I said this and also opted for Sarginson on the left wing with Ollie as left centre.
Was last night's selection the best choice, should Ollie and Dan switch or should Tierney be brought in?
butt monkey

Re: Gildart or Sarginson on the wing.

Post by butt monkey »

Thought both were poor last night, especially Gildart. No chance but I would go for Tierney
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If nothing else Gildart we now know isn't a winger but very definetly the makings of a fine centre.

Credit to the lad though,no ultimatums no dummy throwing told to play on the wing by his coach and tried his best.

I think cash will need to be spent on a winger with Manfredi certainly out for a fair chunk of next season.
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Neither.We need a class winger.Rocky H[if we get him back] looked well for Cass,but im not 100% after just a couple of outstanding games hes had.Loads of sprinters about atm though.Perhaps send a scout to Rio.

Im free :D

4G
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I.m.o. we don't need anyone. We are so superb and our opponents tremble before us that we could put a wheelie bin out on our wing and it would get a hattrick

What a stupid thread. You should believe in us
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Warrior1872

Post by Warrior1872 »

No need for a replacement it is only a 6 month injury so should be back playing by march
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I thought the choice was right to put Charnley back to the right wing in Manfredi's absence.
Pre-match I said this and also opted for Sarginson on the left wing with Ollie as left centre.
Was last night's selection the best choice, should Ollie and Dan switch or should Tierney be brought in?
Gildart centre, Sarge wing IMO or Sarge centre, Tierney wing.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

butt monkey wrote:Thought both were poor last night, especially Gildart. No chance but I would go for Tierney
On that I agree with you as Gildart is never a winger and Tierney is from from what I understand is supposed to be the cover for both the Full Back and Wing positions for which he has the experience, has never let us down, scored some good tries and even won us two points in the last seconds of one game.

What Wane should be doing is selecting the best two Centre's from Gelling, Gidart and Sarginson.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Warrior1872 wrote:No need for a replacement it is only a 6 month injury so should be back playing by march
Didn't it take Shorrocks just on 12 months to get fit from a similar injury?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Shocking catch attempt by Gildart.

It's so basic.

Turn your body to the posts when attempting to catch a high kick.

Even the under 11's know that, but it seems a full time professional doesn't.

Absolutely no excuse.