Re: More Active WIngers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Trying not to listen to Stevo.

Forgot to mention Dallas before but you're right and how strong are his legs! He was powering through three of them before. I think Millward will have an influence eventually, maybe Moran was one of the players that wouldn't obey Betts because he looked much more relaxed yesterday or maybe thats just unfair from me there could have been too much emphasis on him before Milly came.

Moran is doing what Newton used to do, he's everywhere in this game, kicking, running, tackling much much better and I hope he doesn't slack off again on Friday.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
SiY

Post by SiY »

I thought the wingers played well. Carney seem to be getting back on form (not making as many mistakes as before if any) and Dallas well what a superstar. If he doesn't get an award from the club for MVP or players player of the year it would be a crying shame. I thought Wayne Godwon also played brilliant and was shocked when Brown got MoM!! I really enjoyed the game the sun was shining we were winning. But i had this annoying old man stood infront of me the whole game complaining about anything and everything he could. He even complained about Dallas's try (which was really good i thought he seemed to slow down to taunt Dodgy\Hodgy hehe brill). When Rads messed up with that ball over the try line oh this guy had a field day. Eventually my sister started to argue with him and this guy was saying Rads is crap and not worth the credit he gets. He is only human and Rads is normally very safe, it just looked like his leg just collapsed at the back and he lost his balance not allowing him to kick the ball out.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Bet it's the same guy I had behind me at the UTC game, although he was right to complain about that game, why stand there at the match and do it for 80 minutes, swear around young children and insult other people around him trying to watch and vocally support the team. Don't know where his comments about Rads have stemmed from, he may not have had the best game yesterday but he only really has one bad game per season which is outstanding for anyone. I wouldn't give Rads up for ANY other full back.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

SiY posted:
Carney seem to be getting back on form (not making as many mistakes as before if any)
I'm not so easily pleased. He made a bad judgement with that bouncing ball leading to Coley's first try, hardly broke away from any tacklers during the entire game and generally seemed very slow compared to what we've seen of him in the past. Maybe the injury has really taking it out of him, but he's only about half the speed of Dallas at the moment and playing more like a prop than a winger. There'll be no repeat of the length of the field tries against Leeds that we all enjoyed unless he can get some form back. One or two people thought he didn't seem to interested, as if his move next season was all sorted and he didn't want to get injured. I heard a similar comment about Rads as well, and again there are rumours he's going to France at the end of the year. I guess it's natural, if players are moving on, that they don't want to do a Davico and get badly injured before they've even formally joined their new club.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

It's all well and good the wingers helping out the forwards every now and then, what we really should be working on is getting the ball to them in the right places, which funnily enough is on the wing, they both need good running chances with space in which to work and they will score tries, at the moment they are not getting that and havnt done properly for years, seeing Gleeson and Lyon this year playing how centres should play has made me envious, we dont have a centre who can do that, becasue their wingers Faa'fili and Albert are up at the top of the try scoring charts, and thats where both our wingers should be, not having to come inside looking to do the forwards work all game just to get a pass.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

MrsLam posted:
Trying not to listen to Stevo.

Forgot to mention Dallas before but you're right and how strong are his legs! He was powering through three of them before. I think Millward will have an influence eventually, maybe Moran was one of the players that wouldn't obey Betts because he looked much more relaxed yesterday or maybe thats just unfair from me there could have been too much emphasis on him before Milly came.

Moran is doing what Newton used to do, he's everywhere in this game, kicking, running, tackling much much better and I hope he doesn't slack off again on Friday.
What will benefit Moran and i hope Orr will be a new way of playing. We played to Faz's strengths too much and Orr became a passanger and i think his confidence went last season. Milward does like his scrum half dectaiting games so hopefully this will get the best out of the 6-7 combination we have.

Moran after first 20min played well and the pack made ground that will hopefully turn into better field position and that will eventually let us see Orr and Moran at their best.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Rads doesn't seem to be chasing the kicks through for tries like he used to...he scored so many from Farrell's kicks. Is that the coaching, the loss of Farrell, or is it that he has lost some of his pace?
Still, he rarely makes a defensive mistake (that try came from Carney's mistake - Rads had an inside bounce covered, BC should have stayed out to cover the outside).
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

well rads has been playing with injuries recently (hamstring,back,shoulder) so obviously hes not going to be as sharp as he has been but I feel overall upto now this season has been a good one for rads.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
pedro

Post by pedro »

ChrisA posted:
It's all well and good the wingers helping out the forwards every now and then, what we really should be working on is getting the ball to them in the right places, which funnily enough is on the wing, they both need good running chances with space in which to work and they will score tries, at the moment they are not getting that and havnt done properly for years, seeing Gleeson and Lyon this year playing how centres should play has made me envious, we dont have a centre who can do that, becasue their wingers Faa'fili and Albert are up at the top of the try scoring charts, and thats where both our wingers should be, not having to come inside looking to do the forwards work all game just to get a pass.
Couldnt agree more. I think half the time they come in field just to touch the ball not to help out as they never get it on the wing. We need a class centre like Gasnier or Lyon. Miles used to do it all the time (although he was pretty awesome). DV needs to sort it and so do the other centres. Right thats my whinge played boys!