Relieve Wane ASAP, write the season off ..

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Relieve Wane ASAP, write the season off ..

Post by cpwigan »

Drastic action needs to be taken. Fire Wane. Appoint a caretaker and just finish the season ASAP. Let's not kid ourselves re OT

Wane IMO is on a par with Millward!
Wintergreen

Re: Relieve Wane ASAP, write the season off ..

Post by Wintergreen »

I wouldn't say he's as bad as Milward but his time is up imo.

He has given his all, but now is the time for a change.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:Drastic action needs to be taken. Fire Wane. Appoint a caretaker and just finish the season ASAP. Let's not kid ourselves re OT

Wane IMO is on a par with Millward!
If this side was around in 2006 it would have been relegated so he is just as bad now as Milward was in 2006.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wane is going nowhere IMO. His contract is up end of next season and short arms will wait till then?
He was creaming himself before the game when he was having his picture taken with all the new young recruits.
By the way did somebody get young Hanley mixed up with young Sculthorpe?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Followthategg

Post by Followthategg »

What he needs is help. Since the loss of Harris then deakin we have no idea in attack same old rubbish and can't score. Some bad signing have not made us better...Isa good for saving money but not at rugby... big Frank so why did he not play for 3 mths in NRL. But have to say whole team were a disgrace tonight
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Followthategg wrote:What he needs is help. Since the loss of Harris then deakin we have no idea in attack same old rubbish and can't score. Some bad signing have not made us better...Isa good for saving money but not at rugby... big Frank so why did he not play for 3 mths in NRL. But have to say whole team were a disgrace tonight
He needs help to find the exit door!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

It's not that Wane won't change our appalling attacking structure, I believe he doesn't know how too.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

captinjack wrote:
Followthategg wrote:What he needs is help. Since the loss of Harris then deakin we have no idea in attack same old rubbish and can't score. Some bad signing have not made us better...Isa good for saving money but not at rugby... big Frank so why did he not play for 3 mths in NRL. But have to say whole team were a disgrace tonight
He does need help & John Winder isn't the answer of assistant coach!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
captinjack wrote:
He does need help & John Winder isn't the answer of assistant coach!
Hes well aware of it and i believe he will be changing personnel soon.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I've been watching souths the last few weeks.
There style of play has been altered by maguire.it shows how a good coach can adapt when the chips are down.souths,IMO,would be challenging near the top but for injuries early season.
My point is that I've noticed a few slight changes in our play.Notably the inside pass to diagonal running forwards.This is defo copied from maguires tactics.The difference being( at souths),they run to the line and commit the defender before passing.They also have another dummy runner going straight for another pass option.
I'm not trying to be clever but it's not rocket science to pick up on these things if you study the game.
This is why 99% of wiganers can see we are not improving under wane
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE