Steve Michaels

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
markill

Steve Michaels

Post by markill »

He's a player that in my opinion is just on the better side of average. But he's an experienced player with what appears to be a good attitude on the field at least.

I bring him up because he's available for next year, when our right winger will be out until at least June.

Worth an enquiry to his agent?

I think Tommy counts as fed trained from being very young when he joined London. So we must have a quota spot or two right? TT, FPN, Gelling and Isa only overseas that come to mind.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wiganer Ted

Re: Steve Michaels

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Rather go with Lewis Tierney, he was our fastest threat last night and we could spend any money available elsewhere.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Tierney looked out of his depth IMO. Charnley was better. What is worryingly odd is that who we sign seems largely to do with who your father knows. Tiernet - Jason roninson and Liam Marshall - Dave Marshall
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Rather go with Lewis Tierney, he was our fastest threat last night and we could spend any money available elsewhere.
He was thrown about like a rag doll all last night by Stefan Marsh in defence - a player not good enough for us in the days before Tierney was a "saviour"

How we play says loads about the side we should pick. Wingers/centres/halves are all a waste of time. Just fill the side with forwards and keep driving the one man plays in. Eventually we are going to tire some sides into submission.

As for playing rugby, Teirney is never the answer medium or long term. He is just cheap and his career would be semi-pro playing for the likes of Oldham or Swinton if it wasn't for the fact we spend our entire cap giving too many mediocre players a full time professional career when the club should be far more ruthless in its approach
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

BM makes a good call. We could play second rowers on the wing the way we play. A bit of positivity, Josie is always bloody moaning :wink: Budgie scored a length of thwe field effort in his final game for Souths!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:BM makes a good call. We could play second rowers on the wing the way we play. A bit of positivity, Josie is always bloody moaning :wink: Budgie scored a length of thwe field effort in his final game for Souths!
It just shows you how he should have been played when he was at the Chooks. He's been brilliant at the Bunnies & they want to keep him!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Post by markill »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Rather go with Lewis Tierney, he was our fastest threat last night and we could spend any money available elsewhere.
I like Lewis but he's just not there yet. Last night when he stepped inside but still got put in touch one on one shows he's a lot to learn.

But really, with Michaels I'm thinking he'd be good squad depth as much as anything. We need a bit more experienced depth in the backs.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The trouble with Lewis is hes just too slieght in his build as a winger hes thrown off with so little trouble by most players its worring given Manfredi's absence
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cherry.pie wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Tierney looked out of his depth IMO. Charnley was better. What is worryingly odd is that who we sign seems largely to do with who your father knows. Tiernet - Jason roninson and Liam Marshall - Dave Marshall
If you mean who we sign for the juniors that seems a bit harsh, as Tierney was outstanding at that level. The length of his new contract does surprise me though, considering he's not looked convincing at fullback or wing.

I've no issue with us re-signing Marshall. He never had a bad game for the under 19's only to be let go despite us being short of wingers. We re-signed him for the reserves only to send him on loan and from what I've heard he's one of the best wingers in the Championship. I'd have been happy if we'd given him a chance this year.
I'd second that I think that Marshall should have had an opportunity, he is a natural winger which Lewis is not and for that matter neither is Gelling or Gildart.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Tierney peaked at academy level. He might have even been on the downward then. Marshall, did well in C1 but maybe that is his level? If you are cheap enough and have a family connection you will at the very least be signed provided you are cheap. Squad fillers.