Golovkin. v. Brook

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Golovkin. v. Brook

Post by SJ »

Golovkin for me
Warrior1872

Re: Golovkin. v. Brook

Post by Warrior1872 »

I dont like to say this but Brook shouldnt go in with GGG as he could end up getting badly injured and im talking career ending this guy has sledgehammers for fists
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

GGG for me but I think Brook understands he needs to run away for 12 rounds.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Golovkin all the way.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Don't know what possessed Brooke to take this fight. I could be wrong but I think he will get stopped and quite early on
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Golovkin is pound-for-pound the best boxer on the planet. Even if Brook was a natural at the weight, he'd be a huge underdog.

Brook's a very decent fighter, but can only see this ending one way. Money must be good though.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont think its as big a leap as some may think, i think brook naturally is a lot heavier than he currently was fighting and it will be interesting to see what he is like at this weight and whether his power increases.

Normally fighters who move up dont do well and for good reason but there are exceptions to that rule and there are fighters who've increased abilities as they became drained at the weight they were fighting at.

Brooks a tough kid, now by no means am i saying he is favorite but i dont think hes as out his depth as people are making out

GGG hasnt got a massively impressive wrap sheet in terms of opponents in fact theres only really Lemieux who was a top 5 ranked fighter. Now again brooks isnt exactly glowing either in that sense.

I still think GGG will win but im not so sure its as steep a hill as people think. Khan was running rings around Canneo until he was caught and he has no chin - brook is a warrior
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
SJ

Post by SJ »

From what I've seen of G he has a good chin. I've always thought Kell doesn't know when to go for the k o Obviously I'd like him to win but this lad seems bionic Is it worth a bet on Kell what do you think. It would be good if TBW came on the forum. He's usually right
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the added weight is a bad move. It may well be his natural weight but not his fighting weight.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:I think the added weight is a bad move. It may well be his natural weight but not his fighting weight.
I'm not so sure, look at Bellew for example at light heavy he looked good and that was his what you would call "traditional fighting weight" at cruiser he was at his natural weight and carried much more power and stamina despite being a bit flabby

I don't think kell will win as I say, but I don't think it will be a no contest either.

I think he has an outside chance, like I say ggg's record is heavily plumped with no names - however he is a fantastic puncher at his preferred weight and that is always going to make him the favourite
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure