Stephen Holgate

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

Stephen Holgate

Post by medlocke »

http://www.cumbriacrack.com/2016/09/05/ ... ht-crimes/[/url]

A FORMER rugby league star has admitted multiple breaches of a court order which was meant to stop him contacting his ex-wife.

Ex-Workington Town and Wigan forward Stephen Holgate, 44, entered guilty pleas to eight crimes when he appeared at Carlisle Crown Court today (MON).

Holgate, a member of Wigan’s 1998 Super League Grand Final-winning side, admitted making repeated illegal contact with both his former wife, Julie, and her sister, Lisa Powe.

The offences occurred during a two-and-a-half-month period up to 29th February this year.

All were committed in breach of a restraining order which was imposed by magistrates in November, 2014.

One of the breaches involving his ex-wife occurred on Christmas Day, and another on Valentine’s Day.

Holgate, said to be of no fixed address, is due to be sentenced at the crown court tomorrow (TUES).

In the meantime he was remanded in custody.
cpwigan

Re: Stephen Holgate

Post by cpwigan »

Sad :(
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

He's a 44 year old wife beater. Every town is full of them. They are the jolly old boys in the pub at the weekend who call you 'my mate' even though you don't know them. They shake your hand saying "Here's mi hand, here's mi heart" before going home to beat the crap out of the missus because the chips aren't cooked enough.

He made 17 starts nearly 20 years ago. Was his 'Wigan Player" status really worthy of mention?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What he may be or have done we hardly know or the circumstances so it makes it silly to throw crap his way. Right/wrong/whatever it is sad.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Look on the bright side He could end up with fixed address
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I know people who know Holly well and he hasn't been well for some time.
Some people can move on from break ups in relationships, others can't and some it seems to just press the distruct button.
The latter is the case with Stephen.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You sometimes hope others do no speak without the full facts.
http://www.itv.com/news/border/2016-09 ... ed-prison/

N.B Pic is Tallec not Holgate

BUT read carefully, engage your brain as to why there is no jail sentence. Meds have never been married etc :roll:
BriH

Post by BriH »

medlocke wrote:http://www.cumbriacrack.com/2016/09/05/ ... ht-crimes/[/url]

A FORMER rugby league star has admitted multiple breaches of a court order which was meant to stop him contacting his ex-wife.

Ex-Workington Town and Wigan forward Stephen Holgate, 44, entered guilty pleas to eight crimes when he appeared at Carlisle Crown Court today (MON).

Holgate, a member of Wigan’s 1998 Super League Grand Final-winning side, admitted making repeated illegal contact with both his former wife, Julie, and her sister, Lisa Powe.

The offences occurred during a two-and-a-half-month period up to 29th February this year.

All were committed in breach of a restraining order which was imposed by magistrates in November, 2014.

One of the breaches involving his ex-wife occurred on Christmas Day, and another on Valentine’s Day.

Holgate, said to be of no fixed address, is due to be sentenced at the crown court tomorrow (TUES).

In the meantime he was remanded in custody.
Thanks for the link to 'Cumbria Crack' Meds!!
BriH

Post by BriH »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I know people who know Holly well and he hasn't been well for some time.
Some people can move on from break ups in relationships, others can't and some it seems to just press the distruct button.
Good comment Marra.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

BriH wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:I know people who know Holly well and he hasn't been well for some time.
Good comment Marra.
I know Holly wasn't by any means a star at Wigan Bri, but I remember him destroying sides on his own from 2nd row at Workington Town.
The lad is honestly in bits as told to me from colleagues at the site where I work near Seascale.

Regards from one marra to another marra.