kk back at jjb

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: kk back at jjb

Post by mrs_carney »

Oh right, sorry. Its because the refs are whisked off surrounded by stewards, i've noticed that, its like they have to have protection for fear of being mobbed. I doubt they stick round long enough to be questioned by players or coaches.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
Oh right, sorry. Its because the refs are whisked off surrounded by stewards, i've noticed that, its like they have to have protection for fear of being mobbed. I doubt they stick round long enough to be questioned by players or coaches.
they are allways in players lounge after the game :eh:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
portite

Post by portite »

Is there a decent ref in Super League? What ever happened to 'Elvis' Pressley or Nick Oddy. KK does nknow what onside is, it's 15 Meters for Wigan and about 8 for the opposition.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

portite posted:
Is there a decent ref in Super League? What ever happened to 'Elvis' Pressley or Nick Oddy. KK does nknow what onside is, it's 15 Meters for Wigan and about 8 for the opposition.
:exc: :roll: :o :D :) :( :blush: :conf: :lol: :angry: :wink: :doz: :eh: :sly: thats kk 4 u?????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mrs_carney posted:
you'll have to ask saints fans what they think about KK. Hopefully he'll be alright, he does have decent games in him but he is incredibly pedantic about certain things and tackles, clearing up around play the ball etc, he awarded saints an 8point try earlier this season, for no real reason. I think he'll be equally dodgy each way.
Referees ought to be pedantic, it's the only way to get rid of the bad parts of the game. You pull players back for every high tackle or everytime they interfere at the PTB then players will learn to stop it. You could argue that Silverwood was overly fussy about penalising Tickle and Newton for messing about in the tackle, but it's the rules isn't it.

I remember that 8 point try, didn't the defensive players go in with his knees as the attacker scored the try, it was a very good decision, it penalised them for an offence that would normally go unpunished. A future deterent.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

robjoenz posted:
mrs_carney posted:
you'll have to ask saints fans what they think about KK. Hopefully he'll be alright, he does have decent games in him but he is incredibly pedantic about certain things and tackles, clearing up around play the ball etc, he awarded saints an 8point try earlier this season, for no real reason. I think he'll be equally dodgy each way.
Referees ought to be pedantic, it's the only way to get rid of the bad parts of the game. You pull players back for every high tackle or everytime they interfere at the PTB then players will learn to stop it. You could argue that Silverwood was overly fussy about penalising Tickle and Newton for messing about in the tackle, but it's the rules isn't it.

I remember that 8 point try, didn't the defensive players go in with his knees as the attacker scored the try, it was a very good decision, it penalised them for an offence that would normally go unpunished. A future deterent.
Spot on Rob and Portite, please don't tell me you honestly believe KK deliberately takes us farther back than he does other teams. What would be his motive for doing this? Maybe we aren't as quick in defence as some other teams, or maybe they play the ref better than us?

You will find similar anti-ref postings on every club's sites - I haven't looked but you could probably find a London fan whingeing about KK for Friday.We can't all be right!!

I genuinely thought we had the rough end of the calls against Salford but I won't put it down to anything else but the law of averages.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Spot on Rob and Portite, please don't tell me you honestly believe KK deliberately takes us farther back than he does other teams. What would be his motive for doing this? Maybe we aren't as quick in defence as some other teams, or maybe they play the ref better than us?
I can't believe the refs have really got the time to think "ok, it's Wigan defending now, I've got to go back a bit further". It might seem to be the case when we're at a match watching, but then we only notice these things when they affect us, not when the refs doing the same thing to the other team. In any case, all teams move up before the ball has been played properly and the ball players move around as well so the 10m is never exact.

Aren't most of the penalties we concede for offside more to do with us not standing square rather than us not going back 10m?
I genuinely thought we had the rough end of the calls against Salford but I won't put it down to anything else but the law of averages.
It always amuses me that people can always see forward passes from the opposition but never from ourselves! Let's be honest, when we're watching Wigan we're not being neutral. We're not looking out for the favours the refs give to us, probably for the same things we complain he penalises us for 5 minutes later.

Yes, the refs get things wrong occasionally, but so do the players, and, as sites like this show, so do the fans! I wonder if the refs have a message board where they whinge about the fans not having a clue about the game? :cool:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Of course I'm biased! Most fans are. I've noticed a lot though, that even in games where I don't have an interest in the result, I still see referees appearing to favour one team over another, for whatever reason.
I still believe that, as jj says, we got the rough end of the decisions on Monday...I'll wait patiently for the law of averages to even them up on Friday!

And, yes, Ganson IS biased. :wink:
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

were all complaining about the penalty count being biased against us but we shouldnt even be giving away stupid penaltys. All this season when weve had a team in their own 20 we give a way a stupid penalty for messing around the play the ball which is unneeded. I think the lads need more discipline.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I think referees look inconsistent when they miss one big decision that everyone else saw as blatent, a second missed incident and they are deemed biased.

Against Salford, they got penalties for us messing about at the PTB, we should have had a few penalties for high tackles but they should have had one against Sculthorpe and serval other offences.

The worst game I can think of this season was Hull away. It seemed Klein realised he'd made mistakes and gave penalties on the next play which Hull fans couldn't see a problem with and obviosuly didn't think 'oh yeah they deserved that for the previous high tackle.'